Find your future role
Senior Environmental Advisor
|Location||North London, England|
I am looking for a Senior Environmental Advisor for a family run Utilities business with offices in North London. This is a hybrid role spread between home, office and site visits. Working hours are 7:30-5:30.
Key skills required for this role
Construction, environment, sustainability, water
Reporting to the Head of HSEQ, this role will see you as the Lead advisor for Environmental issues on projects. It will also involve sustainability tasks including working on the Sustainability strategy and reporting.
Your tasks will also include:
- Consolidate data for scope 1, 2 and 3 and reports
- Lead advisor for environmental issues on projects including design and construction stages
- Deliver environmental and sustainability training to all levels
- Manage early schemes through the Environment Impact Assessment process to obtain planning permission prior to works and satisfy planning requirements
- Advise projects to ensure that all identified Risks and Opportunities are managed
- Liaise with stakeholders to obtain licenses and consents for individual contracts and ensure compliance with these at all times.
- Provide support to the project teams to ensure all Management Plans, and associated documentation are produced in accordance with the project programme
- Carry out key project environmental inspections/audits
- Regularly review the environmental files, to ensure correct completion and filing of records in accordance with the project programme.
- Review ongoing environmental issues on projects to make sure work is being completed in accordance with the relevant standards, legislation and contract requirements.
- Ensuring environmental minimum requirements are met with the adoption and sharing of best practise and lessons learned
- Manage subcontractors and specialist consultants to ensure their compliance with project requirements
- Carry out incident investigations to assess root causes of incidents and share lessons learned within the business.
- Carry out inspections and audits
- Liaise with the community to look for engagement opportunities and mediate issues.
On offer is a salary of £45-60,000 + benefits