- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, an Automotive manufacturing company based in Warwick, is calling out for a Engineering Technician that holds either an Engineering Apprenticeship or HNC.
To provide technical support for the forming team to characterise the formability of advanced steels. You will provide support for academics, researchers, industrial collaborators, students and other staff.
- To carry out experiments as part of the forming and joining teams. This will support postgraduate students, researchers and external collaborators. Areas will include managing equipment, spaces such as the sample prep room and the high-speed test cell and once trained, to operate equipment such as the Interlaken forming press.
- To support the development of standard practises and procedures for experimental testing through consultation with academics, industrial partners, students and other staff. To advise both internal and external customers to meet technical specifications and achieve high levels of customer satisfaction.
- To develop risk assessments and safe systems of work for safety but also scientific rigor. This role requires effective data handling as well as attention to detail both practically and organisationally.
- To assist in the maintenance and continued development of a diverse range of specialist equipment and apparatus, to facilitate the research and teaching and to ensure this is done adhering to current legislation and in the most cost-effective manner.
- To ensure health and safety legislation is adhered to by staff and students. To provide health and safety guidance and, when required, supervision for those working within the companies Engineering Facilities and associated laboratories with the use of relevant risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH information.
* Successfully completed an Engineering Apprenticeship encompassing an ONC (Level 3) or HNC (level 4) qualification
* Experience in experimental / practical activities in an academic or industry environment
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Use of technical expertise and judgement to provide feasible and cost-effective decisions on the provision of quality equipment and components
* Good general IT skills with the ability to record and present information using Microsoft Office programs.
* Excellent inter-personal skills to enable professional interaction with academics, students, external partners and visitors.
* A high degree of flexibility to respond to the changing needs of both academic and industry led research.
* Ability to work independently to tight deadlines to deliver high quality outcomes
* Excellent team working skills
* A high level of health and safety awareness appropriate for the environment, and the ability to guide and supervise others in safe practice.
* Ability to interpret standards for mechanical testing and carry out the mechanical testing
* Ability to prepare samples through interpreting CAD drawings, machining samples and reporting measured data
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.