- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Electronics Engineer - Tracking and Termination
Analog Electronics Engineer designing and developing electronics for flight tracking and termination subsystems.
Avionics specialist for UK rocket launch company.
We are seeking an experienced Analog Electronics Engineer to design and develop high-reliability electronics for the launch vehicle flight tracking and termination subsystem. Ideally, the candidate will have extensive experience in high reliability or safety-critical electronics as well as space or aeronautical segment experience.
The job includes high-reliability analog circuit design, as well as selection and procurement of commercial electronic units, to combine into a vehicle flight tracking and termination subsystem. Further, to assume responsibility for carrying these designs from schematics to prototypes, and via test campaigns all the way to flight-qualified hardware.
Principle Accountabilities of the Role:
- Ensure function and reliability of the T&T subsystem, according to requirements.
- Analog power circuit design.
- Parts procurement and prototype ordering, cooperating with manufacturers.
- Functional testing.
- Environmental testing (thermal, vacuum, vibration).
- Accelerated lifetime testing.
- Creating and maintaining design and test documentation.
- Integration of both in-house designed and procured elements with launch vehicle avionics, at incremental development stages.
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in electronics engineering.
- High reliability electronics design experience.
- Schematic capture and PCB layout.
- Soldering expertise, including SMD.
- Hands-on electronics laboratory experience.
- Programming experience is an advantage, particularly in C and Python.
- Detail-oriented and methodical working style.
- Technical documentation writing in English.