- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An exciting Contract position has arisen for an experienced Hardware Technician to work for a leading Automotive company. Activities would include wiring, enclosure building (metal bashing), soldering, fault finding on test equipment etc.
This role is INSIDE IR35
Pay: £25-£35 ph Umbrella
This would be 100% onsite
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
An opportunity is available in the Electronics engineering group, for a Hardware Technician to support the electronics group with prototype manufacturing and testing capability.
The successful candidate will be mainly working within a small lab environment producing multiple and varied harnesses to support our internal HIL and engine/vehicle test requirements. They will need to have the ability to perform modifications on PCB's containing fine pitched SMD components without compromising robustness of the overall system. Work requests will require the ability to prioritise current tasks to ensure agreed deadlines are met.
The roles main duties will be drawn from the following:
- Manufacture prototype harnesses to support vehicle, rig, engine and HiL test facilities.
- Work with individual teams to support the manufacture and testing of test equipment.
- Modify and instrument development ECU's to support software activities.
- Modify existing harnesses to support latest requirements.
- Procurement of parts and management of the electronics lab to support project teams.
- Prioritise work load to ensure project deadlines are met.
Skills and attributes required:
- Experience in manufacturing wiring looms using crimping and soldering techniques for automotive or similar environments.
- Ability to read and understand schematics/circuit diagrams.
- Ability to build test equipment to provided requirements.
- Can use electronic test equipment for commissioning of installed test equipment.
- Ability to work for multi-disciplined teams to identify requirements.
- Can perform fine pitch solder work.
- Good communicator.
- Well organized.
- Can work independently within a small lab environment.
- Ability to work to timelines and to prioritise work as necessary to ensure deadlines are met.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.