- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
SOFTWARE ENGINEER - EMBEDDED LINUX
An exciting contract position has arisen for an experienced Embedded Linux Software Engineer with proven low-level kernel driver development, Bootloaders etc. ideally in the Automotive domain.
This role is OUTSIDE IR35.
This role is OUTSIDE IR35
Significant remote/flexible working available
You'll be involved in all aspects of the software development life cycle; from design and prototyping, through planning and implementation, to testing, deployment and maintenance. We also support hybrid working; you'll only be required to come into the office for activities that can't be done remotely, e.g. test infrastructure setup, team collaboration days etc.
Most of the Automotive Embedded team's code is written in C++, targeting Debian Linux. Every Software Engineer gets all the hardware they need, including PSUs, dev boards, and debug equipment for developing our Automotive platform.
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND CHARACTER
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- Industry experience delivering quality software solutions written in C++
- Excellent skills using modern C++ and object-oriented programming
- Experience developing Linux kernel drivers
- You enjoy tackling complex problems and strive for simplicity in your solutions
- You value clean, readable code and have a keen eye for detail
- You thrive in collaborative team environments and are enthusiastic about delivering great products
- You help ensure high standards through code reviews and automated tests
- You are passionate about learning and utilizing new technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of asynchronous and multi-threaded programming
- Experience developing video solutions using tools such as Gstreamer
- Experience working within an agile development team
Candidates must hold the right to work in the UK without sponsorship.