- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Quantity Surveyor, 2 year contract, Inside IR35, UK.
As a Contract Manager (Quantity Surveyor) in the Renewables Business, you will be expected to manage procurement and pre & post contract commercial requirements relevant to some of the largest and most innovative Offshore/Onshore and Hydro Projects in the world. You will demonstrate value leadership, customer service and innovation to support the vision in becoming a world class provider of Procurement and Commercial services and embed a consistent approach to reduce the total cost of ownership by achieving targets set in this regard.
Key accountabilities may include:
- Providing end to end Procurement support for allocated projects, including preparation of tenders and negotiation with contractors/suppliers leading to contract execution.
- Developing and implementing Procurement and Commercial strategies to optimise business objectives and delivery goals.
- Supporting Pre and Post Contract commercial services to our business stakeholders.
- Providing cost reporting, forecasting and budgetary requirements on an ongoing basis, throughout the lifecycle of a project.
- Providing Cost Estimating services in accordance with project maturity guidelines.
What do I need?
- A degree in quantity surveying or other relevant related degree, or suitable industry experience within the Construction or Renewables industry
- Extensive experience in cost management ranging from estimating to budget management
- Experience in preparation, drafting and negotiation of construction contracts (NEC, FIDIC)
- Pre and Post Contract administration experience ranging from claims, commercial programme and risk management.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong commercial acumen, and a continuous improvement mind set.