- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Agile Delivery Manager
Highly motivated agile enthusiast in a role that's a hybrid SCRUM Master & Delivery Manager. Whilst a SCRUM Master facilitates a framework that adds the most value, they will also be responsible for the delivery output.
Agile Delivery Manager
Permanent | Worcester or Winchester | In office once a fortnight
Essential knowledge and experience
- SCRUM Master Certification (CSM or PSM) (essential)
- 5+ years of experience working as an Agile Project Manager, Iteration Manager and/or Scrum Master
- 3+ years of experience working in any software development team role
- Experience of managing projects & backlogs in tools such as JIRA or ADO.
- Experience working with agile delivery methods
- Experience working with a cross-functional software development team
- An inspired sense of shared purpose within the development team
- Consistent transparent, and accessible communications to all stakeholders internal and external
- Realistic and regular expectation setting and negotiation
- Risk mitigation
- Creation of deployment systems/processes to reduce-friction-with external dependencies
- Reduced cycle time of stories from grooming through deployment
- Clear escalation paths for issue management through project stakeholders
- Strong documentation culture within the spirit of collaboration and sharing "definition of done"
- Excellent knowledge of various aspects of an agile approach e.g., Burndown technologies, Retrospectives, Bugs management etc.
- Continuous team reflection and improvement
- Creation of cross-functional teams that have the right balance of skills and capacity to be autonomous and performant.
- Delivery Management: manage and ensure the progress of project work, "continuous flow" and adherence to team commitments. Includes tracking of work, management of risks, and remediation of issues.
- Agile & Lean Principles: guide and champion lean and agile principles for achieving quality, adaptability, speed & alignment. This includes the practices, techniques and tools that support those principles, and an understanding of when things may or may not be applicable in a situation or context.
- Build High Performing Teams: enable a group of people who share a common vision, goals, metrics and who collaborate, challenge and hold each other accountable, to achieve outstanding results. Understand individuals, their motivations and provide them the support needed so they can excel in their roles.
- Continuous Delivery Planning: Working with the PO, create a realistic, achievable roadmap showing how and when the project goals will be met along with the required milestones, mitigations, activities and resources required. Continuously evolving the plan to reflect current reality of the Project and view of the future.
- Scope Management: embrace flexibility in requirements change to maximize the stakeholder value whilst balancing management of delivery and expectations of required objectives within a defined timeframe. Understanding which scope management techniques to employ based on the impact of the change. Establish a strong partnership with Product Owner and Tech Lead to ensure effective prioritization that balances business value, quality and other constraints.
- Risk Management: map and comprehend the risks involved in several dimensions of the work, aiming to prevent them by reducing and mitigating them when possible.
- Stakeholder Management: identify, analyse, plan and implement actions that engage and build relationships as well as sustain them long term through effective expectation management, so as to enable each party to reach their goals.
- Facilitation: steer team and stakeholders to work well, both in defining a common vision, making decisions, achieving their goals and creating a relational climate where trust prevails and communication is fluid, empathic and honest. Work closely with the product owner to translate epics, stories, and other items on the sprint list into actionable tasks for developers.
- Emotional Intelligence: recognises, understands and manages their own emotions and recognizes, understands, shares and influences the emotions of others.
- Collaboration: works jointly with others to co-create and achieve a common goal. This includes learning, practicing and experimenting with tools, techniques and frameworks that foster collaborative working environments.
If you meet the minimum requirements, please get in touch so that I can send through the full spec and have a discussion with you.