- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Contractor support
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client, a leading Aerospace manufacturing company based in Gloucester, is calling out for a Planning Engineer - specifically for Capacity
The Capacity Planner is responsible for running Load & Capacity analysis for Shopfloor
activities on site. They are also responsible for establishing the methods and tools used on site
for short & medium term analysis.
- To support the MPS activities and associated Load and Capacity at the Work Centre /
- Machine group level
- To be part of the monthly Load & Capacity meetings with the Capacity Planning Team Leader, Senior Management team and the Shop Managers.
- Documenting the assumptions taken
- Getting a load baseline from the ERP system
- Documenting the additional load assumptions not in SAP
- To coordinate & maintain the capacity information
- Defining and maintaining the capacity information in SAP
- Collecting the current headcount information from the Shop Managers
- To participate in the monthly Internal Supply Review process for the Site.
- To run What-If scenarios when and where required.
- To support the MTP process by establishing the load profile and the capacity requirements according to a set of assumptions considered as a baseline.
- To support the site CAPEX process in identifying the critical equipment and suggesting actions to mitigate the capacity problems.
- To define and monitor the Capacity related data in SAP.
- To document the Load & Capacity processes.
- To continuously contribute to improving the Capacity Planning processes.
* Strong leadership and communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and conflict resolution skills; experience interacting with all levels of
* Good knowledge of business process and systems (SAP, MEDS, MES) and MRPII principles
* Team Work
* Process and result oriented
* Proactive and analytical approach to problem solving
* Project and Resource Management skills
* Change Management
* Integrity & autonomy