- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Materials Quality Engineer
- Work closely with the Materials and Processes Department and the Materials Validation Board (MVB) to recommend appropriate qualification programmes.
- Lead product/process audits within the forging and raw materials supply chain, either individually or as part of a multifunctional team.
- Be able to progress, maintain and close action plans in a timely manner, ensuring that effective corrective actions have been put in place
- Work with suppliers in order to develop and maintain FMEA and SPC monitoring of key parameters.
- Have a good understanding of Fe, Ti and Al metallurgy and manufacturing processes in order to assist suppliers in problem solving using the 8D approach, and other quality tools, to drive continuous improvement.
- Review and approve FAI reports in line with AS9102 and DVI requirements.
- Lead FAI/DVI audits at suppliers and be able to review the process to confirm compliance to the relevant international or the Company's standard.
- Work closely with the Materials and Processes Department in order to support the submission and review of metallurgical cut up reports
- Provide necessary information into the MVB, or at site level, in order to maintain and update supplier approvals within the Company's approval database.
- Undertake the role of site focal point for material quality issues and support supplier quality, procurement and purchasing with material related queries.
Candidate Skills & Experience
The ideal Candidate should be of degree or HNC calibre and have a thorough knowledge of Fe, Ti and Al metallurgy and the associated manufacturing processes.
In addition, applicants need to be experienced auditors, preferably at Lead Assessor level, computer literate and have excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Experience of NADCAP and UKAS requirements is desirable.
You must hold a full driving licence and current passport and have a willingness to travel overseas.
Technical competencies required:
* Quality principles, standards and procedures
- Technical knowledge of Forging, melting and casting practices
* Quality, Lean tools, and Problem Solving Methods
* Materials knowledge technical / practical
- Company organisation