- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Technical Management Engineer
Senior Technical Management Engineer - 12 month contract - Warton - £46.38ph UMB or £34.77ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
Our client is looking for a Technical Manager to provide key support to Contract 1 bid proposals and contracted work on Typhoon Weapons Systems. The value of the tasks range from £100K to £10M and vary in complexity.
The team performs a Weapon Systems Integration role and covers the wide range of systems, equipment and structural elements of the whole Typhoon Aircraft. You will have a responsibility to support the aircraft through life and deliver a fully integrated solution including capability and support.
Duties will include:
- Support Phase 1b reviews for new bids (bid / no bid).
- Running early design reviews and technical bid reviews to support clearance of the bid proposals.
- Review customer requirements
- Create SoWs for each new task to support the ERF exercise.
- Create tailored Engineering Management Plans.
- Create a Phase 2c Design Review pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Issue Design Review certificates
- Create a Technical Bid Review (TBR) pack and facilitate the reviews.
- Provide Technical Management (TM) support to the Request for Bid Approval (RBA).
- Support the weekly bid IPT reviews to provide TM progress updates against each bid and provide general engineering support.
- Support the task launch meetings for newly contracted tasks.
What we are looking for in you:
- A strong governance background, familiarisation with end to end product engineering lifecycles and Technical Management experience would be advantageous, together with a proven capability in the creation of Engineering Management Plans and Managing Requirements.
- Typhoon experience would be an advantage or experience working on a project of equivalent complexity.
- Hybrid working: Initially the split is expected to be 2 to 3 days on site with the remaining days working from home.
- Security requirements: SC + ITAR
This role will require the person to hold full Security Clearance (SC) prior to working onsite. You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must currently hold or be eligible and willing to obtain SC. In addition, this role involves direct access to ITAR Material, therefore we can only consider UK Nationals for this position. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.