- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Autonomy Senior Software Engineer
Autonomy Senior Software Engineer - Portsmouth or Great Baddow - 6 Month Contract - £45.62ph UMB or £34.20ph PAYE (Inside IR35)
We are looking for Software Engineers to support Test and Integration activities of developed software Autonomy solutions deployed on Small Boats. Responsibilities will include:
- Derive and maintain a set of software requirements / user stories from a baseline set of systems requirements.
- Produce and maintain a software design to meet a set of software requirements.
- Use a software design to produce a deliverable software solution.
- Test a software solution to prove that is meets its design aims and requirements.
- Undertake peer reviews or checking/verification of peers' solutions within project and across P&TS.
- Maintain a software solution to address reported defects and/or add new functionality.
- Maintain a good working knowledge of Maritime Services software related processes.
- Assist in the creation of software estimates for a sub-system.
- Keep abreast of developments in the wider software industry.
What we are looking for in you:
- Be a BEng/BSc in Computer Science or other relevant Engineering or Numerate subject (technology, engineering or science related discipline) / Be a CEng or equivalent level of capability, or working towards CEng status.
- Have considerable experience of using at least one high level programming language preferably C/C++.
- Have considerable experience of using a high level design methodology (e.g. UML) Knowledge of SysML with MagicDraw / Cameo Systems Modeller an advantage.
- Have experience of all aspects of a software lifecycle and good knowledge of software lifecycle models (e.g. Waterfall, Agile)
- Have good knowledge of appropriate software standards (e.g. ISO/IEC/IEE 12207)
- Have a comprehensive understanding of configuration management and experience of a configuration management tool. Tools required Atlassian Suite (JIRA, GIT) An understanding of model based techniques is desirable.
- Experience of Matlab/Simulink an advantage
- Site: Role can be conducted at either Great Baddow, Portsmouth Naval Base or Broad Oak sites.
- Security requirements: SC
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.