- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Junior Systems Engineer
Our client are leading UK defence business with an exciting opportunity for a junior level systems engineer to join their rapidly growing team.
As a Junior or "Associate" Systems Engineer you will typically assist within development projects, but may find yourself leading specific areas or the development of sub-systems, with appropriate supervision. The role will require you to be involved in a broad application of systems engineering knowledge, from the establishing of user needs through to final delivery. Typically you will work across a number of these areas and develop strong whole lifecycle experience.
As an Associate System Engineer, knowledge of, and experience in one or more of the following areas is beneficial but not essential:
- Sonar systems and underwater acoustics
- Electromagnetic measurement systems
- Underwater and/or littoral environments.
- Undertakes technical work activities within a systems engineering context
- Working as part of a technical team in support of project objectives
- Supervised support to decision management
- Supervised production of technical documentation in support of work carried out
- Delivers work and reports on progress to more senior technical and project staff
- Escalates problems and issues encountered with supervisory staff
- Basic understanding of systems engineering, its applicability, lifecycle processes, and systems considerations
- Has some understanding of broad engineering considerations
- Has some understanding of different system engineering approaches and likely enterprise considerations
- Able to apply certain systems engineering techniques
- Able to devise standard systems engineering outputs such as engineering and management plans, product descriptions, test result reports etc.
- Able to anticipate possible problems and to be in a position to deal with obstacles
- Possesses problem solving ability
- Possesses systems approach through understanding wider picture, cause and effect, likely consequences etc.