- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Manufacturing Technician - Weekday Nights
Our client is a leading Automotive consultancy, looking for a Senior Manufacturing Technician to join their team on a permenant basis on their site in Leamington Spa.
Senior Manufacturing Technician
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Manufacturing Technician to pro-actively assist their team leader to create the most effective team possible within the SQDCPE framework. Promoting a "Can Do" attitude and "Right First Time" philosophy within the team.
- To ensure Health & Safety, Environmental, Confidentiality and Quality policies are always adhered to in the Manufacturing area.
- To be the first point of contact in the absence of your team leader.
- Provide expert knowledge with new and challenging products.
Typical behaviours and tasks to be included, but not limited to are:
- Lead by example with time keeping, attendance, appearance, clean and organised work area, timely and accurate document / system completion.
- Promote and contribute to Continuous Improvement ideas with every task the team executes.
- To provide training to ensure suitable flexibility within the team, also with flexible technicians from other teams.
- Ensure every opportunity is taken to maximise technician and machine utilization.
- Contribute to risk assessments ensuring the health and safety of our employees, also assessing risks that effect machine and employee availability.
- Lead by example with your own flexibility & multitasking wherever possible.
- Ensure all maintenance and service issues are communicated effectively to the Manufacturing Maintenance Manager ensuring overall equipment effectiveness.
- Be responsible for organising & maintaining measurement equipment for calibration.
- Ownership of 3S project with the whole team.
- Maintaining a fixture register.
- Liaising with the Team Lead in the ordering of tooling.
To perform their role effectively, senior technicians are expected to have strong leadership skills, being able to listen, direct, advise, challenge, correct, motivate, and praise team members to achieve the performance targets of the business.