- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Principal Engineer - Support Engineering (LSA & Supply Support)
Principal Engineer - Support Engineering (LSA & Supply Support) - 12 Months - £66.69 /ph UMB (PAYE rates available)
The LSA Principal Engineer will provide Subject Matter Expert on all aspects of LSA and Supply Support. They will have extensive knowledge of cost modelling and spares recommendation analysis. Activities will be undertaken alone or as the lead of an LSA team, with appropriate support of the Engineering Manager and LSA Consultant Engineer.
The LSA Principal Engineer will be able to provide technical advice and guidance to Engineering and Support managers, focused on aligning LSA activities to the overall programme delivery and through-life support of products and systems.
The LSA Principal Engineer will have, or work to gain, a good understanding of new technologies, processes and innovations in RCM activities, and will have an ability to influence LSA Policy across the submarines business.
The LSA Principal Engineer should have an understanding of the definition, application and control of LSA programme management activities and they will be confident interfacing with internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers. They will be able to understand and interpret the Customer's requirements and be able to provide advice on good LSA practice.
The following activities are typical of the work that may be carried out by the LSA principal engineer, in full or part dependent on the role and the place the project is in the engineering lifecycle:
- Understand and apply the UK MoD Supply Support Strategy to develop LSA outputs and recommendations and influence equipment availability
- Provide technical guidance and advice for the full range of LSA disciplines
- Understand and be able to articulate the impact of Engineering Change on LSA deliverables
- Have an understanding of the LSA programme management activities to support the definition and application of them.
- Provide appropriate LSA knowledge and input for Engineering Design Reviews
- Provide estimates for the scope of work and resources required to deliver it in order to support bids, proposal development and project planning activities for LSA and Supply Support systems.
- Provide technical direction to other LSA engineers and support the management and planning of specialist activities.
- Provide technical direction to other LSA engineers as required
Extensive level of domain knowledge over the full range of LSA disciplines and how they relate to ILS and Safety. Experience of delivering LSA in appropriate phases of the programme lifecycle and supporting equipment for the UK Ministry of Defence (MoD)
- Expert knowledge of MoD ILS processes (Def-Stan 00-600)
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle with some experience of operating in most phases
- Extensive knowledge of the models and tools required to deliver the AIM outputs
- Knowledge of the complete engineering lifecycle and how support activities align to it, with some experience of operating in a number of phases.
- Have a strong awareness of Product Safety and SHE
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with and manage internal stakeholders, suppliers and customers
- Provides technical leadership, coaches and mentors others. May lead a team of engineers.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.