- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Design Engineer to join the OEM Materials Handling & Access Team, reporting to the Principal Design Leader.
Reporting to a Principal Engineering Lead, you will be based at OEM World Headquarters. The successful candidate will join a dynamic team, working to ensure that the OEM Loadall product remains the worlds No 1 Telescopic Handler. There is also an opportunity to work on a brand-new range of Rotating Telescopic Handlers and our longstanding OEM Teletruck range, which is a stalwart or the product line up. As a result, this role gives the right person the unique chance of driving engineering change in the business, from one of the highest volume products to some of the most sophisticated machines we design and build. This is a fast paced and varied environment, which will challenge your design talents, requires a willingness to learn and requires engineers to think differently to find robust solutions.
The Responsibilities of the role include:
- Taking part in small to medium sized projects, working on deliverables which meet the objectives
- Work as part of a multidisciplined and cross functional team .
- Presentation and contribution at design reviews.
- Simultaneous Engineering: Design for assembly, manufacture and service.
- Formal design documentation, creation and maintenance; DFMEA, DVPSOR
The Experience and Skills required for this role include:
- Unigraphics and PLM operator, with a working knowledge of the ePI process
- Experienced in BOM structures, and aware of system interactions
- Aware of Compliance and legislation & Standards
- Educated to HNC or Degree level in an Engineering subject.
- Demonstrate sound grasp of engineering principles with a logical approach to problem solving
The ideal candidate will:
- Be able to work to deadlines and deliver on time.
- Self-starting and ability to make things happen.
- Demonstrate the ability to manage external suppliers.
- Have ownership of projects they are involved with.
- Have a desire to invent the future and lead rather than follow.
- Have a high level of commitment, flexibility and enthusiasm as well as a sense of URGENCY
An understanding of off highway construction or agricultural equipment would be advantageous.