Find your future role
|Salary||£13.20 - £15.50/hour|
Matchtech Recruitment have partnered with Sunseeker a manufacturer of Super yachts to help recruit experienced GRP Laminators based in Poole or Portland.
Key skills required for this role
Prior experience in GRP Laminating
Sunseeker International is a global icon in the manufacture of luxury motor yachts, building market leading products since 1967.
Based and manufactured in Poole and Portland on the south coast of England, Sunseeker is one of Dorset's largest private employers and is represented on every continent by a global distribution network. Never settling for second best, it's this spirit of excellence that has driven Sunseeker to its leading position in the marine industry today.
On average a GRP Laminator working for Sunseeker will earn between £34,000 - £37,000 on days and £46,000 - £49,000 per annum on nights.
Who we are seeking
We are now recruiting skilled GRP Laminators to join the Sunseeker family. As a Sunseeker GRP Laminator, you will have your work admired across the world as you help build some of the world's finest yachts.
The most suitable candidates for this role will have relevant prior experience in GRP laminating, preferably gained within the marine industry.
You'll be based at a Poole or Portland based Shipyard or Sunseeker Willis Way in Poole, Dorset. You'll have the opportunity to work at our largest sites within our award-winning workforce, truly becoming a part of the Sunseeker family.
Example responsibilities include
As a Sunseeker GRP Laminator, you will be fully involved throughout the production process, using a variety of hand lay materials as well as preparing and releasing small and large moulds. You'll be working within a team, ensuring the production targets are met whilst upholding a flawless standard of workmanship.
The ideal candidate
- Is conversant with Health and Safety regulations with particular reference to GRP materials and their use.
- Strives to achieve a high standard of work whilst maintaining a thorough and detailed work process.
- Has a patient and positive attitude, with a desire to pursue perfection.
- Experience in GRP Laminating from any industry.
The working patterns
- Day Shift | Monday-Friday, 07:00-15:30 | Overtime (x1.5) widely available
- Night Shift | Monday-Thursday, 18:00-04:30
- Weekend overtime is widely available.
- £13.20p/h PAYE (Semi-Skilled)
- £14.50-£15.50p/h PAYE (Skilled)
- £17.60p/h - £20.67p/h PAYE - Nights
Overtime is widely available and paid at an increased pay rate. Hours over the basic 40 hour working week will be paid at time and a half Monday - Saturday or Double pay for Sundays and bank holidays.
You will also be entitled to 30-day holiday (inclusive of bank holidays)
Sunseeker have 2 shipyard shut downs one in August and the other over Christmas.
Sunseeker employees benefit from:
Alongside the opportunity to work closely with our remarkable products, Sunseeker offers a comprehensive employee benefits package.
- A highly competitive pay structure
- Efficiency bonus (paid every month so far in 2022)
- A generous company pension scheme - 6% employer contribution
- Employee Referral Scheme with financial rewards
- Private medical insurance, including baby bonus and Digital GP (after four years)
- Dental insurance (after four years)
- Annual leave increases with continued service
- Health Assured EAP
- Trained Mental Health First Aiders
- Death in service scheme (£)
- Christmas Savings Club - financial support scheme
- Employee discounts with a wide range of third-party businesses (up to 30% off)