Find your future role
Senior Engineer - Civil Engineering
As a Senior Engineer - Civil Engineering, you are expected to have a strong track record in one or, preferably, multiple sectors that we operates in.
Key skills required for this role
Consultancy , Design, Engineering, Landscape, Architecture
Senior Engineer - Civil Engineering
- Design and specify all aspects of Civil Engineering works in accordance with current guidelines,standards, regulations and project deliverables.
- Contribute to the development and mentoring of our Early Careers population and the continuous improvement of departmental capabilities.
- On occasion, manage our Civil Engineering involvement in small to medium-size projects, including
- time, cost, quality and client relationship management and delivery.
- Champion quality and compliance controls within local teams and projects
- Provide engineering services design and consultancy work on behalf of our client under the direction of the line manager or project lead.
- Produce design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys,construction stage duties, client liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and ensure progress against the project brief.
- Check calculations and detailed drawings to ensure engineering designs meet appropriate quality and compliance controls, project brief and customer requirements.
- Collaborate closely with multi-disciplinary members of the design team to deliver safe, efficient and buildable solutions.
- Contribute to the preparation of enquiry plans, tender reviews, fee estimate sheets, scopes of work
- and change controls as required.
- Review specialist subcontractors/suppliers calculations and drawings for technical compliance with
- design intent.
- Ensure team compliance with company quality management and best practice for 'Perfect Delivery'.
- Management of Engineers, Early Careers and Technicians in the production of calculations,design deliverables (including drawings, specifications and reports), site surveys, construction,stage duties, client liaison, liaison with members of design/construction teams, project management, costing and any other relevant duties.
- Support the development of Early Careers and Technicians.
- Degree qualified in Civil Engineering (or equivalent).
- Demonstrable experience of delivering projects in at least one sector that our client operates in.
- Confident communication and presentation skills with the ability to explain complex ideas simply.
- An ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders that deliver long term benefits.
- Considerable civil engineering design, technical detailing and specification writing experience.
- Proficient in the design of below ground foul and surface water drainage using Microdrainage software.
- Be fully conversant with the basics of CIRIA 753 (The SUDS Manual), Sewers for Adoption and other
- relevant British Standards and Eurocodes with respect to civils design and specification.
- Experience in design and specification of external works including site, earthworks and below ground utilities layouts and levels.
- Eligibility to pass criteria for security clearance required to work on sensitive projects.
- Working knowledge of BIM software including Autodesk Navisworks.
- Knowledge of CDM regulations.
- Knowledge of current UK technical standards/publications and legislation requirements.
- Knowledge of standard details and solutions, and compliance.
- Chartered or Incorporated Member of ICE (or equivalent).
- Experience of contributing to bids, proposals and tender submissions.
- Experience of delivering multi-disciplinary projects in several sectors that our client operates in.
- Experience of managing small teams from Apprentices and Graduates to Engineer and Technician level.
- Experience in managing commercial elements of projects.
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Civil 3D and AutoCAD software for site, earthworks and utilities modelling and layout and levels drawings.
- Experience in the design and specification of industrial process drainage.
- Experience in the design of above ground roof drainage systems.
- Familiarity with DMRB volumes