Find your future role
We are looking for an ambitious, enthusiastic, and passionate Systems Engineer, who take pride in their work, to join our Friendly Engineering Team at Eaton MSD Wimborne.
Key skills required for this role
technical lead, complex systems, product life cycle, requirements management, Degree Qualified in Systems or Aeronautical Engineering.
This is a full time permanent position based in Wimborne Dorset, working a 37hour week Hybrid, with an option of working a 9 day fortnight (every other Friday off!)
Your career matters - and we're here to make it happen!
There has never been a more exciting time to join our Mission Systems Division. We are the world's leading provider of hose and drogue Air-to-Air Refuelling (AAR) and Actuation systems working directly with aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus and Embraer to develop systems that achieve their operations in challenging environments, safely and successfully.
As a Systems Engineer at Eaton MSD Wimborne you will have a comprehensive appreciation and understanding of the full product life cycle, You may have acquired experience within requirements management and verification and will have worked or have strong knowledge for complex systems.
As a Systems Engineer, your main responsibilities will involve:
- To use systems engineering knowledge and processes within a product lifecycle.
- Perform requirements management, validation, systems design, development, integration, verification and qualification as per the company standard processes and customer requirements.
- Use MBSE methods and tools to deliver the systems engineering deliverables.
- Being responsible for planning the systems engineering tasks and generation of systems engineering management plans
- Converting customer and other stakeholder requirements to define, analyse and inform the total project solution.
- Understand customer and regulators expectations.
- Managing engineering change to ensure system integrity through the life-cycle, and ensuring traceability of all key design decisions.
- Providing support in all areas of the product lifecycle and deliver a totally integrated solution.
- Planning and scheduling engineering design gate reviews, engage with other functions e.g. airworthiness, safety to ensure the project delivery milestones are fully met.
- Managing technical risks and opportunities that may have a direct / indirect effect on the delivery of the project and system.
- Driving continuous improvement and incorporate effective systems engineering management practices
What you will get from us
This is a permanent role with a flexible hybrid approach to working, competitive salary, annual bonus and additional benefits to include:
- Support working towards your chartership (e.g. IMechE, RAeS or IET)
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
Join our Systems Engineering team and see how far your career could progress with a company committed to career progression, training and development opportunities, our customers, innovation, and sustainability.
Eaton MSD is based in Wimborne, close to Bournemouth and Poole, on the south coast. Many of our employees live close to Bournemouth (with sandy beaches, shops and lively nightlife), or within the Isle of Purbeck or New Forest that have picturesque views and plenty of outdoor activities.
On site, we have our offices, assembly line and test facilities (Air to air refuelling and hose contact rig, weapons release test house, and Hardware-in-Loop capabilities ), As well as a large café area and free onsite parking.
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process.
If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic and mechanical power - more safely, more efficiently and more reliably. Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each day.
We have demonstrated our passion for sustainability with the recent announcement of cutting carbon emissions from the company's operations by at least 50 percent by 2030.
Our culture is built on a strong commitment to practicing our core values and supporting our employees with the tools they need to succeed, We are proud to be an inclusive company, with a real family feel.
The Eaton Wimborne site is accredited with the IMechE, RAeS and the IET. We actively encourage membership and provide support to engineers in developing themselves to become chartered.
In the past year, our company has received top employment recognition by the Human Rights Campaign and almost fifty percent of our Board of Directors represented diverse groups. When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company - are stronger.
In Eaton, making our work exciting, engaging, meaningful; ensuring safety, health, wellness; and being a model of inclusion & diversity are already embedded in who we are - it's in our values, part of our vision, and our clearly defined aspirational goals.
This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions