- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Senior Project Administrator
Senior Project Administrator - Portsmouth - 6 Months - £14.82ph PAYE or £19.46ph UMB
- The individual in this role will operate one or more of the PM&C (Project Management & Control) processes on a medium/large project, or be responsible for some aspects of PM&C (for example scheduling) on a larger project.
- At this level the incumbent will be expected to work independently on routine aspects of the activity, and under guidance and supervision in more complex situations.
- They would have a level of knowledge in one or more areas of PM&C practice and be expected to apply in routine circumstances and to seek and follow guidance on their adaptation and application in more complex circumstances.
- The post holder is likely to take a major role in coordinating the department activities with internal customers or external suppliers, including taking personal responsibility for the monitoring and liaison with specified suppliers.
- This post requires considerable clerical experience and a comprehensive knowledge of the procedures of the department.
The jobholder requires the ability to arrive at conclusions and follow the most appropriate course of action. Works within procedural constraints.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good knowledge and understanding of PM processes, procedures and systems.
- PM&C experience demonstrated as a professional within a project.
- Good understanding of one or more PM&C tools techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of the Business environment for project.
- Knowledge of PM&C governance and assurance processes such as Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs).
- Experience of working with stakeholders inside the company.
- Ability to find and adopt best practice.
- Knowledge acquired through job related training and considerable on the job experience, generally non-theoretical skills
- Considerable experience in Business Support function
- Considerable knowledge of the team in which they work
- A basic knowledge of the Area in which they work
- Can use all Microsoft Office software comprehensively
The Umbrella rate quoted above is the Gross Umbrella rate (i.e. the rate we pay to the Umbrella Company inclusive of ALL employment costs). Please note, the rate paid by the Umbrella will be less, as will a Limited Deemed rate or Agency PAYE rate. Please get in touch to discuss the rates via these different payment vehicles.
Clearance Requirements & Eligibility
SC Only No ITAR (start on BPSS)
This role will require you to hold or be eligible to obtain Security Clearance (SC). You will need to obtain a Criminal Record Check and you must be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and have lived and worked in the UK for a minimum 5 year period. If you are unsure as to whether you are eligible, please contact me to discuss.