- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Our client is looking for an experienced Materials Controller to join their team in Guildford on a temporary basis.
The successful candidate will need to be on site 5 days a week in Guildford.
Our client, a market leading aerospace company, are looking for an experienced Materials Controller to join their team in Guildford on a temporary basis.
This role will be a rolling contract, lasting roughly 6 months. The successful candidate will need to be on site 5 days a week in Guildford.
Paying roughly £13 - £16 p/h
Expedite controlled stock receipts, movements & dispatch.
- Observe team level policies and procedures to ensure consistent and coherent team output,
- Maintain a clean, neat & orderly work area. Assist in maintaining warehouse/stores security.
- Support Goods-In receiving, ensuring any purchase order &/or physical delivery anomalies are resolved or highlighted.
- Kitting & issuing materials against project activities.
- Organises & pack items for despatch, liaise with stakeholders to understand and implement their requirements.
- Support Mechanical Inspector when necessary.
Other activities as delegated by Team/Group Leader.
Skills & Experience
3 years stores experience, ideally in the electronics or aerospace industry.
- Able to pass basic pre-employment screen (BPSS)High degree of organisation, self-motivation and initiative
- Good team working skills, together with the ability to interface with others at all levels
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Excellent planning and organising skills
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Ability to work simultaneously on a variety of projects
- Able to work autonomously and using own initiative
- Ability to multi-task and deliver both immediate and longer term tasks
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
- Good knowledge of MS Office Particularly Excel
- Able to demonstrate company mindsets and behaviours; Be accountable, Drive & delivery, Communicate effectively, Self-manage effectively, Work as one team