Find your future role
Cockpit Design Engineer
|Location||City of Preston, England|
|Job type||Contract 12 Months|
Matchtech is currently recruiting for a Cockpit Design Engineer on behalf of a large MOD contractor.
Key skills required for this role
Design Engineer, Human Machine Interface , Avionics, design and validation
Cockpit Design Engineer, Human Machine Interface , Avionics, design and validation
As a Cockpit Design Engineer, you will design and develop HMI designs and schemes for the Typhoon Cockpit This will include designing and evolving the modes and capabilities required by the Typhoon Weapon System, such as Sensor capabilities, Navigation and Communications, Weapons targeting and release functions, and defensive aids operations.
Your main responsibilities:
- Undertake analysis of customer requirements, to determine the basis for new and evolved features within the cockpit.
- Against agreed requirements, establish designs and schemes for the HMI within the Typhoon Cockpit, covering control and symbology aspects.
- Defining Pilot interfaces with the systems in conjunction with Aircrew and Test Pilots from Typhoon operating Airforces and engineering teams
- Working with Cockpit and System Integration rig test teams, specify and support the development of test scenarios to demonstrate the proposed HMI design.
- HMI usability assessments with Aircrew.
- review, undertake Aircrew assessment of proposed design schemes, refining as necessary, to establish Producing Cockpit technical documentation.
- customer the detailed schemes to be taken forward for full Cockpit and Avionic Systems design.
- Coordinate with product safety and product clearance stakeholders, to support aircraft clearances of the Cockpit Designs / Schemes.
- Work with support engineering, to establish and maintain Aircrew and Groundcrew Technical Publications, to underpin safe operation of the Typhoon Weapon System.
Your skills and qualifications:
- Experience of Design Tools / methodology (e.g. Statemate, Artisan, Rhapsody, UML & Doors) would be advantageous.
- Experience of JIRA Agile project management tool would be advantageous.
- Should be capable of deriving system requirements (with support from a line leader) from higher level requirements (Customer etc.).
- Must be capable of progressing a number of concurrent tasks and reporting on these.
- Must have previously demonstrated an ability to meet milestones whilst achieving the required level of quality.
- Must be capable of working within agreed standards and procedures and understand the importance of configuration control.
- Experience of working with equipment ICD's and definition of Logical signal level information would be advantageous, but on the job, training will be provided.
- A degree in a STEM subject or equivalent relevant experience / qualifications.
- The candidate must be good with Microsoft Office Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Please note that we have other contract roles available namely:
- Avionics Systems Senior Engineer
- Typhoon Avionics Systems Integration Engineer
- Senior Cockpit Design Engineer