Find your future role
Heavy Duty System Engineer
|Location||West Midlands, England|
We are looking for a highly motivated Engineer with the ability to work under pressure and deliver high quality work for Off-Highway and Heavy duty common rail diesel systems.
Key skills required for this role
Fuel Injection Equipment
Fuel Injection Equipment
Off High-Way and Heavy Duty System Engineer
Candidates with experience in any of the following areas will be of interest:
* Mechanical Engineering (Automotive, off high-way, Aviation)
* Engine / Fuel System Calibration (Automotive, off high-way, Aviation)
* Customer / Supplier Project Management
* Validation / Testing & Reporting
About the Role
Our Coventry Engineering Centre has sole responsibility for design, validation and productionisation of FIE components for customers across Europe.
The organisation splits into 3 key groups:
* Application customer support functions, with small teams spread across Europe
* System team which help support performance of the system (i.e. rail pressure and injector calibration)
* Component Engineers who ensure the components design and customers use of the components is suitable to achieve the customers requirements (performance, life, etc).
The teams are relatively small but very close and we have to closely collaborate in order to complete validation / investigate and solve customer issues.
In this role you will experience customer project management, simulation and testing. It will be necessary to manage the customer / supplier relationship during their engine development (including new business acquisition), input into change
point analysis to determine necessary validation, collaborate with internal colleagues to make judgements on customer validation and take responsibility to create material to show why we have confidence to release parts to production.
You will also have the opportunity to contribute to internal process improvements that increase working efficiency.
We have invested heavily in diesel and have 3 test rigs (to simulate engine and measure detailed component shot performance), as well as a component inspection laboratory (to measure wear and deterioration of returned components).
We see a strong future still in diesel for Off Highway and heavy duty applications, but are also investing heavily in new carbon neutral fuels.
Given the success of the working from home we now working 3 days Home 2 days in the office.
We have flexible working hours, with start times between 7:30 and 10:00am.