Find your future role
|Location||South East England, England|
Our client is recruiting 3x ITS Engineers to join their Engineering Teams within the Operations Directorate in the South East of England. These can be based in their Basingstoke, Guildford or Maidstone Office (with hybrid working).
Key skills required for this role
ITS technology highways engineer
ITS Engineer, highway technology
The role provides an excellent opportunity to apply your ITS/Traffic Signal knowledge and skills to all aspects of highway infrastructure engineering and asset management.
As a member of a 50-strong team of professional engineers, you will support us in developing and delivering circa £100m / year of maintenance and improvement schemes that ensure the Strategic Road Network in the South East safely meets the requirements of our customers now and into the future.
What you'll be leading on
* Ensuring the health and safety needs and wellbeing of customers and employees are fully considered and accounted for throughout the planning and delivery of each service activity
* Undertaking the identification and evaluation of asset data and needs in order to develop early solutions, in line with agreed methodologies and prioritisation criteria for highways technology assets
* Develop early solutions for improvements and/or renewals, including the compiling of relevant documents, evidence and options for value management, taking into account new techniques, materials, buildability, and costs
* Monitoring the delivery of agreed early solutions and plans, liaising with the relevant teams to identify and/or rectify issues
* Developing the technical briefs provided to the design organisation and managing the delivery of survey works for the improvement and renewal of assets.
* Providing technical support to Project Managers by assisting with materials approvals, vetting of contractors' compliance, inspection support on site, and reviewing of Health and Safety Files
To be successful
* Hold a degree or HND in a relevant discipline and appropriate experience, or equivalent
* Knowledge of asset condition assessment and degradation modelling
* Understanding of the Value Management process or cost benefit analysis of schemes
* Experience in working within budgets including the creation of a budget for scheme development
* Experience in relevant construction and delivery methods and knowledge of CDM 2015