Find your future role
Software/Platform Engineer - Messaging
|Location||Comunidad de Madrid, España|
Matchtech is a STEM recruitment specialist, with over 35 years' experience in successfully matching STEM professionals with hiring employers in multiple sectors, all over the world.
Key skills required for this role
messaging, IBM MQ, devops, software, developer
Join a top financial institution. Be part of a creative, dynamic and flexible team. Take advantage of your experience and evolve your career.
Is it time for the next step in your career? Are you looking for a challenging role? Do you want a stable position with further development opportunities?
We're looking for a Software/Platform Engineer with experience in Messaging to join our client, one of the most important financial institutions in Spain (#endclient).
- Permanent contract directly with end client
- Attractive retribution package (base salary + bonus)
- On-call duty bonus (500€ - 1/5 weeks)
- Hybrid working model (3 days at home / 2 days at the office)
- Life and medical insurance, for you and your family
- 31 vacation days
- Working week of 37,5 hours
- Meal allowance (2.540€/year) + office canteen
- Teleworking bonus (720€/year)
- School allowance (300€/kid)
- International and multicultural environment
- Free parking at office site + private bus service for employees
- Training and career progression
Our client is looking for a motivated, talented, and experienced Software Engineer, who is passionate about innovation, to help them build and run a highly efficient, scalable and automated MQ Messaging Platform for their services. You will work within an international (project) team setup that develops and maintains the MQ platform for multiple lines of business. While engineering and operating the MQ platform will be your main duty, a big part of the work revolves around automation of processes and enhancing their self-service portal. You will work cross-functionally in a relevant strategic project with Architects, Engineers, Business Analysts and Service Managers.
To be successful in this role, you must have a software development background, with a passion for automation, and thrive working cross functionally in an Agile Team. You already have experience and know-how in common messaging patterns. You will drive and enforce standardization, simplification and scalability by taking over responsibility as DevOps, challenging the status quo, bringing in new ideas and solutions. Your expertise in Kubernetes will enable the group and the team to engineer and deploy their self-service portal and automation platform efficiently and fully automated.
- Work as Software/Platform Engineer in a DevOps role within a scrum team
- Operate and automate the central messaging platform based on IBM MQ
- Take end-to-end responsibility for your code in our self-service portal and automation APIs running in OpenShift
- Improve engineering standards and drive continuous automation of processes and building and maintaining multi-stage CI/CD pipelines using tools like Jenkins, Argo CD, Tekton
- Use your interpersonal skills to work very closely to shape the discussion with architecture, security, and the platform provisioning team to facilitate the best possible usage of the platform
- Participate in security assessments and audits as well as stay on top of latest developments in automation and platform engineering and educate other team members and stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge on messaging concepts (queues, pub/sub,…) IBM-MQ is a bonus
- Intimate experience with modern programming languages (e.g. JAVA, go), frameworks (Spring, react) and the implementation of API service architectures (REST, microservices)
- Experience with containerization (Kubernetes), infrastructure as code, and other cloud platform concepts
- Good understanding and practical experience of DevOps practices and automation frameworks
- Hands-on experience with build automatization and continuous integration tools, such as Maven and Jenkins
- Communicative team-player, able to coordinate, steer, and self-managed
- Proficient with English both verbal and in writing
Interested? Apply now!
Know someone who could be interested? Please share! We have an incentivized Referral Program you can take advantage of if you want (500€ or more!)