- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
Software Engineer .NET (all levels)
Begin your career with Leonardo in the expanding Bristol team, working on the most exciting projects within Defence!
Leonardo recognises the critical role Test activities play in the delivery of our world-class engineering solutions. To this end we are setting up a team dedicated to enhancing our Test System capabilities across all product domains. This team will be responsible for:
- Software test system technical strategy
- Tool selection, configuration and administration
- Process improvement
- CI Pipelines
- Emulation both internal development (C#) and Outsourced
- Test Automation and Scripting
- Leading and delivering the strategic roadmap for V&V
If you are someone who has experience in developing high quality, .NET based applications that can be used to communicate and test embedded devices then we want to hear from you!
Leonardo emulators are used to provide a number of capabilities to the core project development. Near real time emulation of hardware interfaces (both physical and mirrored through Ethernet), User interfacing to provide the ability to fully configure the system both in normal and error conditions and able to integrate to simulation environment to provide a fully end-to-end test solution.
Our projects under test you will be supporting typically cover a variety of embedded platforms using C++ and Ada hosted on Real Time Operating systems and comply with the industry standard DO-178C.
We offer flexible working, great benefits and an emphasis on work life balance. Defence / Aerospace domain knowledge is an advantage but we want to hear from you if you have led or been part of teams delivering high-quality software test systems.
What you will do:
What will a typical week look like?
- Delivering and integrating high quality .NET code
- Collaborate in the technical solutions with systems and test engineering teams
- Implementing technical improvements to improve capability
- Lead and/or influence the development approach considering design principles, modularity and reuse, best practice, toolchain and much more
What we are looking for:
Below is a list of skills for the role however, we favour behaviours and experience over a specific toolset, programming language etc so please use this as a guide not a requirement!
- Leading and motivating others
- Object Orientation
- Requirements Engineering