- Contractor resource centre
- IR35 tax legislation changes for Contractors: April 2021
- Contractor ways of working
- Report incidents & concerns
- Freelancer insurance
- Umbrella providers for UK contractors
- Using the InTime contractor portal
- Electronic payment documentation
- Rail Information, Policies & Safety Guidance
- Looking to hire?
- Send vacancy
- Our services
- Our sectors
- Workforce insights
- Career advice
- CV information
- Employment advice
- Interview advice
- Career advice from our recruitment specialists
- Client portal
- About us
The CNC Machinist will be conducting the Machining/Sectioning of explosive materials/articles and associated rigs/equipment. You will be based at Sevenoaks and Southend-on-Sea
Job Title: CNC Machinist
Job Location: Sevenoaks
The full benefits package includes - Contributory pension scheme, share incentive plan, private medical insurance, private dental insurance, childcare vouchers, holiday vouchers, other leisure discounts, etc.
About the role:
The CNC Machinist will be conducting the Machining/Sectioning of explosive materials/articles and associated rigs/equipment. You will be based at Sevenoaks and Southend-on-Sea with travel reimbursed, you will also get the travel time added to your salary.
What I will be doing:
- The CNC Machinist will be responsible for the delivery of accurately machined explosive components often with new complex shapes/designs to Project Managers/Delivery Leads/Customers.
- You must demonstrate knowledge of programming and use CNC control systems.
- The CNC Machinist will provide support for the construction of work programme costing including time estimating.
- You will develop new practical skills and broaden knowledge through on-the-job training and/or external training.
- The CNC Machinist will support proactive maintenance of machining equipment.
What do I need?
- Do you have experience in machining and programming of CNC Mills, Saws and Lathes.
- Experience with energetic materials is not essential as training will be given.
- You should demonstrate experience with Siemens, Anilam or Philips controls.
Why join us?
As we continue to grow into new markets around the world, there's never been a more exciting time to join. The formula for success is our appetite for innovation, courage to take on a wide variety of complex challenges.
You'll experience a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, you'll get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems in an diverse and inclusive environment where you can be authentic, feel valued and realise your full potential. Read more about our diverse and inclusive workplace culture here.
Joining my client offers you an opportunity to work on a broad range of interesting defence-based projects with vast career progression across a global organisation in addition to competitive personal and professional benefits. You'll receive highly competitive salary and benefits package: our basic salaries are very attractive as we constantly review what's happening in the market. The range of benefits that we offer include, flexible working, generous holiday entitlements, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance and Dental Insurance and much more.
My client is made up of dedicated experts in defence, aerospace, security and related markets, all working together to explore new ways of protecting what matters most. People around the world depend on us for their safety and security, and to enable the safety and security of others. Partnering with our customers, we help to save lives; reduce risks to society; and maintain the global infrastructure on which we all depend. Our site is a unique working environment where teams from different backgrounds, disciplines, and experience enjoy collaborating widely and openly as we undertake this exciting and rewarding journey. Through effective teamwork, and pulling together, we get to experience what happens when we all share different perspectives, blend disciplines, and link technologies; constantly discovering new ways of solving complex problems. Being part of the team means being central to the safety and security of the world around us. Come and find out how you can play a role.
You can not apply for this job as its status is Closed.