Find your future role
An opportunity has arisen for a Marine Engineer, based in the Hamble area of Southampton
Key skills required for this role
Our client are a fully approved Yanmar, Mercury and Nanni Dealer, providing full refit, repair and maintenance service supporting one of Europe's largest boat dealers.
With a well equipped engineering workshop and mobile repair facilities, this exciting role is extremely varied with great potential for personal development and will suit someone who is looking to develop their career within an expanding team.
You will predominantly be based in Hamble but the role but some travel will be required to local sites.
Specific responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
* Engine and generator servicing, winterising, refurbishment, repairs and installation.
* Installation, fault-finding, servicing and repair of ancillary systems such as water makers,
heating, refrigeration systems and general plumbing systems.
* Responding to emergency breakdown and repair calls, with potential to travel to support
* Recording and reporting service work accurately, including the use of Apps.
* Fault finding, service and repair of electrical DC and AC systems.
* Attending training programs for Yanmar, Mercury and Nanni as well as other leading marine
* Working to the highest standards ensuring our customers receive a courteous, informative,
skilled level of support.
* Recent and relevant experience within the leisure marine industry
* Marine Engineering qualifications essential, marine electrical qualifications desirable
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
* A driven individual that cares about their work and the work that's completed by the wider
* Hard working team player, upbeat and energetic with a professional attitude
* IT skills for use with Manufacturers and our clients Apps
* Valid UK drivers' licence.
£14.50 - £18/h (£30,160 - £37,440) Dependant on experience
Standard working week is 40 hours with OT paid at standard rate if is worked
* Annual bonus scheme
* BUPA healthcare scheme
* Overnight allowance and pay
* Death in Service Benefit
* Company Pension Scheme