Find your future role
Mechanical Project Engineer
Our client, a leading Aerospace company are looking for Mechanically biased Project Engineer, due to increased workload to support them on an initial 3 month contract basis with scope to be extended.
Key skills required for this role
Project Engineer/Project Engineering/Mechanical Engineer/Mechanical Project Engineer/Aerospace/Manufacturing/Pumps/Valves/Product Testing/Vibration Testing/Thermal Testing
Mechanically bias Project Engineer
Location: Titchfield, Hampshire (5 days p/week)
Hours: 37 p/week
Rates: £31-£35 p/hr PAYE
Duration: 3 months+
- Leading qualification testing on an Electrically Driven Pump, primarily responsible for execution of Vibration, Shock and Thermal tests.
- Liaising with the Development team to ensure that qualification test equipment is built, commissioned, inspected and delivered to schedule.
- Liaising with the Development Test team and an external test house to ensure delivery of testing on time and to specification
- Coordination between supplier, Quality team and test witnesses from customer and aviation authority
- Analysing test results to ensure compliance to the applicable equipment standards.
- Producing and reviewing work instructions and technical documentation in accordance with company procedures, for example qualification test reports.
- Experience generating and reviewing Aerospace standard technical documentation.
- Demonstrable engineering experience in a relevant professional engineering environment ideally gained in the aerospace or equivalent high technology industry.
- Fluency in MS Office suite, particularly Excel, Word and Powerpoint.
- Competence in analysing and presenting detailed test data to an audience of technical experts
- Proven ability to work well within a team and on own initiative.
- Previous experience of qualification test programmes, including adherence to rigorous company, regulatory and safety requirements.
- Previous experience of Vibration or Thermal testing is preferred, but not required
- Engineering degree or equivalent