Find your future role
|Salary||£42,582 - £54,242/annum|
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne, England|
Motivated Developer required to work within a small team of Developers in the delivery and support of an exciting programme of technical change. you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your strong Java / Back-End Development skills.
Key skills required for this role
Developer, Java, SQL
My client is one of the largest Police Forces in the UK and is based in the North of England who are currently in the process of expanding their Digital Policing Team.
As a result, they are recruiting for a Developer with responsibility for developing new and upgrading existing in-house-built applications and integrations as well as supporting the effective running and maintenance of existing solutions, utilising your knowledge and expertise in Java, Web and back-end development.
- Carry out design and development work for new Force applications as well as enhancing existing systems to effect improvement and efficiencies.
- Produce technical specifications from user requirements to progress them to implementation and prepare and maintain supporting technical documentation for internal development work.
- Assess requests for change and recommend the most appropriate development approach providing accurate estimates for the development work involved in delivering the change.
- Experience with Java 8 (onwards).
- Experience with Spring and Spring Boot.
- A good understanding of RESTful web services and SOAP.
- A good understanding of SQL (Oracle and SQL Server).
In addition to a salary of up to £54K, my client offers a generous pension scheme and hybrid working.