Find your future role
Designated Project Engineer (Engineering Integrator)
|Salary||£80,000 - £118,000/annum|
Matchtech are supporting the recruitment of x2 DPE's to work on high profile railway projects in Toronto on a permanent basis.
Considering Relocation? Hit apply below for us to discuss further!
Key skills required for this role
Engineering Integrator - DPE - Designated Project Engineer - Railways - Network Rail - Toronto
Engineering Integrator - DPE - Designated Project Engineer - Railways - Network Rail
Matchtech are working with a key client to recruit for x2 DPE's to work on a high profile railway project in Toronto.
These roles will require the successful candidates to relocate to Toronto.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the project manager and project team with project documentation and control, job cost accounting, scheduling, and construction supervision efforts. In order to be successful, this candidate should feel comfortable taking on many tasks that require various skills, and appropriately prioritizing those tasks' completion.
- Implement Rail systems and procedures to maintain a cost effective, high quality, safe and environmentally responsible approach to design, commissioning and other technical activities on relevant projects, compliant with all relevant legislation. Liaise with regulators and others as appropriate.
- Engineer Projects to the standards and specification of the client's, allocated design and contracts include reference to and are compliant with Company standards, formal specifications and procedures.
- Manage all engineering activities so that they result in schemes that are affordable and meet programme requirements in a safe and environmentally responsible manner for time, cost and quality.
- Maintain the use of relevant techniques and procedures of quantified and qualitative risk assessment and HAZOP analysis to allocated projects and manage the environmental aspects of allocated projects in accordance within the clients environmental policy.
- Monitor design and specialist consultants and contractors.
- Provide project management advice in respect of all activities, including testing and commissioning and site supervision. Manage the design and/or construction elements of relevant projects meet the requirements of current legislation, including regulations.
- Internal and contractor's design/specialists personnel are competent.
- Undertake reviews of design activities. Arrange audits of contractors monitoring safety, environment and quality of design, testing and commissioning and management systems is adequate.
- Carry out the duties of designated project engineer (DPE) for specific projects.
- Identify and share best practice across the various project teams.
The Ideal Candidate
- Successful relevant experience in signalling engineering, ideally with involvement in design projects across multi discipline areas.
- Technical qualifications to HNC/HND or equivalent GNVQ level.
- Knowledge of quality assurance.
- An understanding of the arrangements required for the independent assessment of work.
- Risk assessment, engineering management competency.
- Membership of a relevant professional body with chartered status and/or educated to degree level.
- Knowledge of structuring safety cases in support of projects.
- An appreciation of environmental issues in engineering works.
- Project safety management experience