Find your future role
Lead DevOps Engineer
Lead Azure DevOps Engineer job role, permanent, full-time position.
Largely remote, with some occasional travel to offices in London (very low frequency)
Key skills required for this role
DevOps, Engineer, Azure, CI/CD, Development, Software, IAC, Terraform, Kubernetes
DevOps, Engineer, Azure, CI/CD, Development, Software,Terraform, Kubernetes
This Lead Devops Engineer job role joins the Digital Technology team of this Retail business. Permanent, full-time position with offices in London, this role is largely remote with the requirement to be in the office only required on an ad hoc basis and very low frequency.
The DevOps team this role joins is responsible for support and overall service of all production and non-production application environments across the digital estate, as well as ownership and management of all associated deployment pipelines.
As the Lead DevOps Engineer you will lead all day to day operational activities and lead the team.
You will have proven experience of the following skills:
- Extensive hands-on experience in cloud technologies, particularly the Azure platform, deploying highly available, scalable, and resilient applications.
- Web, Mobile, Cloud and Enterprise Operations experience in a digital environment
- Excellent problem determination skills and ability to diagnose complex technical issues
- Experience with Website and Mobile application monitoring & performance tooling including RUM and Synthetic.
- Hands-On Experience with Release and deployment tooling - CI/CD Pipelines (using Azure DevOps)
- Experience with Docker, Containers and Micro-Services Architecture.
- Scripting languages such PowerShell, YAML, Python, Pulumi or Terraform to write IaC.
- Experience in Application security & OWASP Guidelines (WAF, Bot Management, Security/Code Scanning).
- Experience in Implementing and Managing CDN and website performance optimisations.
- Azure Automation using ARM templates, Web App, Azure Functions and Logic Apps.
- Experience in delivering in an Agile, SCRUM or Kanban methodology.
- Experience of Linux, Apache, Windows Server, IIS, MSSQL, SSIS, SSRS.
This is a fantastic opportunity offering visibility and influence within a global business.