Find your future role
We are looking for experienced, enthusiastic, and passionate Electro-Mechanical Engineer who take pride in their work
Key skills required for this role
Electro Mechanical Mechatronics
Electro-Mechanical Engineers - This role will be full time Monday to Friday with a hybrid approach to working
There has never been a more exciting time to join our Mission Systems Division. We are the world's leading provider of hose and drogue Air-to-Air Refuelling (AAR) and Actuation systems working directly with aircraft manufacturers such as Boeing, Airbus and Embraer to develop systems that achieve their operations in challenging environments, safely and successfully.
We proactively support the development of our people and following our recent move into the Eaton family we are able to offer enhanced learning and development opportunities. This ranges from technical training, experiences, leadership, and management to help you achieve your long term career aspirations.
You will be:
- Responsible for ensuring successful conclusion of assigned electrical and electro-mechanical engineering tasks, within an appropriate time
- Investigating/ troubleshooting problems and requirements of tasks and develops plans for solutions.
- using 3D CAD to model sub-systems, equipment (including component parts) and looms, whilst working within large, complex models.
- Coordinating with other functions / departments on assigned tasks and secures - reviewing inputs from various stakeholders and making recommendations accordingly.
- Supporting current product or product development project teams or Engineering Services programs conducting specific low to medium complexity tasks assigned.
- Willing to acquire and enhance specific product / technology knowledge relevant to the role (product training/hands-on experience)
- Understanding team level activities within the processes Acting as the Technical Leader for smaller projects.
- You will have previous Electro - Mechanical / Mechatronics and safety-related design thinking experience
- A Positive can do attitude with a Technical solutions focused mindset
- Proficient skills in - 3D modelling and drawings using PTC Creo and configuration control tools e.g. PTC Windchill
- You will be able to clearly communicate change of engineering justifications and analysis
- You may have experience with APQP (Advanced Product Quality Planning) + PFMEA (Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis)
- It would be desirable if you have previous experience working with printed circuit board information from CADSTAR / Loom design using TE connectivity Harnware under Microsoft Visio.
This role will be full time Monday to Friday with a flexible approach to working. You will receive a competitivesalary, as well as other benefits including:
- An annual membership for a relevant institution will be reimbursed
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension with employee contribution up to 5% and Company contributions up to 8% of salary
- Funding towards health care plan
- Access to flexible benefits including health care, buying / selling holiday
- Access to salary sacrifice scheme for electric cars for personal use
- 3 x life insurance
Join our team and see how far your career could progress with a company committed to career progression, training and development opportunities, our customers, innovation, and sustainability.
Eaton MSD is based in Wimborne, close to Bournemouth and Poole, on the south coast. Many of our employees live close to Bournemouth (with sandy beaches, shops and lively nightlife), or within the Isle of Purbeck or New Forest that have picturesque views and plenty of outdoor activities.
On site, we have our offices, assembly line and test facilities (Air to air refuelling and hose contact rig, weapons release test house, and Hardware-in-Loop capabilities ).
All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. You will need to provide evidence of eligibility (e.g. a passport or long birth certificate and proof of NI). This role will be subject to baseline security clearance and ITAR restrictions as part of the recruitment process.
If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.