Find your future role
Design Building Surveyor
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
Local Authority client seeking an interim Building Surveyor as part of their Design Team on an initial 6 month contract. For more information please call Adam Good @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
Key skills required for this role
Building Surveyor, Housing Surveyor
Housing Association/ Local Authority Experience/ CAD Experience
- Our client is looking for a Design Building Surveyor to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Inside IR35
Provide design support from feasibility to completion for various programmes and projects including the disabled adaptation programme, design of building refurbishments and the design of property extensions across Council housing, corporate properties and private sector dwellings.
- Liaise with Planning, Building Control, Strategic Asset Management team, Environmental Health, Adult Social Care and Children's team to support delivery of the above.
- Liaise with and direct external contractors and in house Building maintenance Team in undertaking the above works, ensuring works comply with statutory demands and are of an acceptable quality.
- Prepare tender documentation including drawings, specifications and schedule of works for required refurbishment contracts.
- Prepare budget estimates for schemes, prepare drawings, specifications and tender documents in accordance with the latest legislation and good practise guidance. Apply for any necessary Building Regulations approvals, Planning Permission and structural calculations.
- Undertake all relevant contract administration and liaise with internal and external audit, and any other Council departments as required. Ensure payments are accurate, prompt, and valid.
- Provide building surveying and design advice to colleagues within the surveying team as required.
- Contribute to BCP policy and procedure development. Be able to advise tenants and leaseholders of these when appropriate. Have a working knowledge of current legislation relevant to the work.
- Deal with general correspondence, reply to letters, internal mail etc. Assist the division's administration teams.
- Attend `out of hours` meetings as necessary, for local tenant and leaseholder groups. Attend management and technical meetings cascading information down where appropriate.
- Attend elected member committee meetings when necessary.
- Undertake any other duties prescribed by the Senior Building Surveyor
Working conditions / environment:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Site visits if and when required
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- Laptop will be provided.
- The rate is dependent on candidate experience
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Adam Good directly on 01489 898881
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Technical Public Sector Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively, if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Property industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.