Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 2-3 Months|
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a major civils client at Banbury Station, and as result we have a live opportunity for an experienced Site Engineer.
Key skills required for this role
Site Engineer, Highways
Site Engineer - Banbury
Working alongside the Site Agent on the Banbury Station project, the Site Engineer will be ensuring effective engineering management of all time, cost, quality & handover aspects of specific work areas, managing all of the day to day activities on the specific project.
KEY RESULT AREAS
* Management of all engineering activities including engineering control, setting out and providing direction to workforce and leading Quality control systems to ensure compliance with project design and specifications
* Ensuring the highest possible Health, Safety & Environmental standards are employed across all projects, adhering to client health and safety policy/ environmental policy and actively supporting the Injury Free Environment (IFE).
* Meet client expectations and ensure excellent communication skills with all project stakeholders.
* Survey & Engineering Control -Responsible for checking all sub-contractor and direct labour works.
* Reviewing design and proposing solution by raising RFI's and communicating to relevant parties i.e. Designers / Sub Contractors
* Materials ordering and approvals
* Working with the Site Agent in monitoring HSEQ aspects of the project including Project Health and Safety File.
* Assist managing the permit process including CAT scanning and issuing Permits
* Keep accurate records including site diary, records of works activities, resource allocations and as-built information using AutoCAD
* Input into collaborative planning for site work
SKILLS + EXPERIENCE
* A good level of experience in civil engineering and workforce supervision including earthworks; drainage, structures and Highways
* The ability to drive excellent relationships with contacts at all levels including clients, colleagues and sub-contractors;
* The ability to remain flexible in your approach to the role whilst embracing change and helping to drive that change through;
* Highly organised and able to juggle priorities, whilst multi-tasking for many stakeholders, and still remaining focussed on what's most important
* Document review including the use of AutoCAD for planning and take off
* Safe - passionate about achieving an Injury Free Environment, choosing to work safely and influencing others to do the same. Committed to caring for people's safety
* Driven - constantly focused on improving performance, doing everything to the best of your ability and making the best of every situation.
This role is inside of IR35 (CIS or LTD not available).