Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 12 months|
Fuze Engineer - 12-month contract - Glascoed/ Pontypool - £37.57 p/h UMB
Key skills required for this role
Your main responsibilities as an Engineering Technician (Field Support) involve
Munitions has a broad portfolio of products and many require a means of reliable and above all safe initiation. The Fuze team responsibilities range from supporting the capability for current products, establishing growth paths for new products and supporting the procurement of our bought-in products.
The successful applicant will have a broad spectrum of responsibilities within the Fuze Engineering team and be able to work across the Engineering function. The post-holder has to be flexible in accordance with the business requirements of the department. Initially the role is to take a lead role in the implementation or adaptation of new technology and new Fuze concepts or products to anticipate future munitions applications.
The post requires an Engineering background of various engineering disciplines but expert in at least one with a strong understanding of core Engineering principles. An innovative system integrator albeit at a sub-system level you will have to be able to communicate at several levels and have an understanding of Electrical, Electronic, and Mechanical Engineering with some experience of electro-mechanical systems and ideally explosives knowledge. A good knowledge of Engineering lifecycles, risk management, product testing and product acceptance will also benefit the successful candidate.
- Working closely within an integrated Engineering team.
- Planning and subsequent delivery of Engineering Tasks.
- Initiation of new appropriate technology and design that adds value to our business stream.
- Preparation of test specifications for product acceptance.
- Design and manage trials.
- Compilation of technical data to support design approval.
- Monitor and advise on technical activities at external suppliers.
- Technical reporting.
- Support production staff to deal with product technical queries, test and advice on quality.
- Liaison with Munitions Engineers and other stakeholders to ensure integration of fuzing sub-systems at product and platform level.
- Respond to external customer technical queries.
Your competencies, skills and qualifications
- A degree or other appropriate demonstration of understanding of theoretical Engineering principles.
- A high degree of safety awareness and methodology is demanded.
- Occasional off-site working may be required to manage trials and liaise with suppliers or partners.
- System integration of electro - mechanical systems.
- Appropriate training may be available in specific areas (e.g. Explosive safety).
- Self-driven and a team-worker.
- Some assessment will be required against our capability skills matrix.