Stem recruitment specialists
Find your future role
Highway Engineer / Senior Highway Engineer
|Salary||£30,000 - £40,000/annum|
We are seeking enthusiastic and talented Engineers and Senior Engineers to join the highways team within the integrated Norfolk County Council Design Consultancy based in Norwich.
Key skills required for this role
highway civil infrastructure design engineer
Highway, civils, infrastructure design
The role would be based in a modern highways design office in Norwich and covers an interesting and varied workload - from major highways improvements through to a varied range of small and medium highways projects.
Your role will be at the heart of one of our high performing teams, using your technical skills and expertise to help continue driving forward in terms of both technical quality and service efficiency.
- Support the Team Manager when programming of the team's workload, based on client priorities;
- Rigorously and independently check and approve documents before output is issued;
- Accurately discharge the Designer duties CDM 2015;
- Line Manage a small team of Designers and technicians: Senior only
- Project Manage a the portfolio of work delivered by your team.(Programme, budget etc..)
- Support the Commission Manager as required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have:
- Performed a similar role in a highways design team;
- Highways design and construction supervision in a local authority environment;
- Experience of highways design using AutoCad, MX, Civils 3D, Micro Drainage or similar
- Experience in working in a local authority environment
- the application of the NEC suite of contracts
- A degree in Civil Engineering and achievement or working towards incorporated status of a relevant professional institution