Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 6 Months|
Matchtech are excited to be working alongside a Tier-1 Highways & Civils contractor in Kent, and as result we have several live opportunities for experienced Quantity Surveyors.
Key skills required for this role
Quantity Surveyors - Kent
Pay Rate - £350-£400 Umbrella PAYE (will be allowed to claim mileage on top).
Location - Projects will primarily be base in the National Highways Area 3 & 4 (Kent). Will be expected to travel between sites and roles are 100% site based.
Role Purpose -
- To ensure the successful financial completion of multiple construction projects from pre-contract stage through to completion, as a key member of a successful project management team.
- Commercial management of a number of projects within a Framework from inception to completion, including the following activities:
- Producing tender documents and quotations for new projects
- Negotiating target cost and fixed price quotations with clients
- Subcontract procurement from initial enquiry to negotiation and placement of order, and subsequent management of subcontract packages
- Commercial management of subcontractor accounts from commencement to negotiation and agreement of final accounts
- Preparation of monthly applications for payment to the client and ensuring timely certification and payment
- Preparation of monthly cost value reconciliation (CVR) reports
- Preparation of monthly cost and value to complete forecasts in conjunction with project teams
- Undertaking contractual notifications, early warnings, pricing compensation events / variations and the like
- Preparation of final accounts
- Risk management
- Development of supply chain relationships with suppliers and sub-contractors
- Qualification at HND level as a minimum (or equivalent qualification)
- Comprehensive experience in a similar position
- Relevant experience on projects with major clients e.g. Highways England, Water Companies, Local Authorities Sound commercial/contractual knowledge
- Valid CSCS card Experience using Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint
- BSc Degree in Quantity Surveying (or part completed)
- Experience of COINS
- Experience of CEMAR Possess
- experience working on a Framework or in a collaborative environment
- Experience using NEC Contracts
- Experience in the highways sector