Find your future role
Active Travel Consultant
We are currently looking for an Active Travel Consultant to join our clients team based in their Manchester or Slough office. You will join a vibrant team and work on major prestigious projects across the UK.
Key skills required for this role
Traffic active travel cycle walking cycling design transport planning
Active travel design
As standard they offer flexible working to everyone and the ability to work remotely when needed.
The position itself will include, but not be limited to:
- Supporting senior staff, providing technical support for a wide range of project types and consultancy commissions
- Contributing on the production of technical reports and designs in line with current design standards and policies
- Undertaking site visits to capture required information and collect on street asset data
- Assisting in the collection and analysis of survey data such as pedestrians, cycling, public transport and traffic surveys such as volume, speed, accidents, turning counts, loading activity, desire lines, bus patronage etc
- Providing weekly monitoring information against key indicators
- Ensuring all project files are up to date and comply with the QA system and assist in developing improved procedures in the service area.
- Liaising with other staff on wider projects, assisting other disciplines on projects to expand skill set and knowledge base
- Responding to client and customer enquiries taking messages, when necessary and ensuring that their needs are met
Our ideal candidate will have but not limited to:
- Relevant Degree or HND/HNC (preferably in engineering) or equivalent qualification/s
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- Membership of a professional institution (e.g. MILT, MICE or MCIHT) or aiming towards
- Preferably a minimum of 2 year's relevant experience
- Sound understanding of highways and traffic engineering techniques and principles. A track record or ability to demonstrate experience and knowledge in in transport planning, design, cycling walking, road safety, public transport, modelling, ITS and parking design
- Experience in highways related AutoCAD design highly desirable, or similar design based software
- Familiarity with TMA 2004, DMRB, MfS and the Traffic Signs Regulations and Traffic Signs Manuals
In return for your hard-work and commit:
- £Negotiable and subject to experience
- 25 days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Private health
- Yearly Paid professional subscription
- Flexible working policy
- Continuous Professional development to help achieve CEng, IEng or EngTech