Find your future role
Lead Electronics Engineer
Our client is a global design and manufacturer of flow control solutions for industries such as oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics, food and beverages, water and sanitation, pulp and paper, ethanol and more
Key skills required for this role
Lead electronics engineer, PCB design, instrumentation, measurement, and control devices.
Lead electronics engineer, PCB design, Fluid Power applications, instrumentation, measurement, and control devices.
|Job title:||Lead Electronics Engineer|
|Normal Hours of Work:||37 hours per week. With additional hours as required to maintain the efficient running of the department.|
Reporting to the Engineering Manager the role is responsible for supporting the Product Development strategy delivering profitable organic growth and continuous improvement. The role is part of the Engineering Department and involves working effectively with the Projects, Production and Quality Engineering teams and Manufacturing Department.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Design market leading products applying sound engineering practice in a timeframe consistent with the business objectives.
- Apply innovation to product design, optimising value-added performance characteristics and functionality to gain competitive advantage.
- Interpret and apply relevant engineering standards, legislation, certification, and customer compliance requirements.
- Generate visual and interactive simulations of product function when compiling specifications, communicate with sales and market representatives to agree features and user interface parameters.
- Compile design reports, component tolerance analysis other relevant design validation methodology.
- Create electronic schematics and PCB layouts to deliver the specification.
- Apply significant specialist knowledge in firmware development (Code), PCB design and Control methodology to New Product Development.
- Apply significant insight into identifying product development risks, project timelines and verification requirements within product development.
- Apply significant insight into ensuring and maintaining compatibility with 3rd party devices in the marketplace.
- Take leadership in design validation and qualification testing, including planning Research and Development (R&D) and sub-contracted recourses.
- Drive concurrent engineering applying, appreciation for manufacturing methodology, process capability, assembly, testing methodology and inspection process and capability.
- Apply VAVE to product design, ensuring manufacturing costs are minimised and cost targets are achieved by working effectively with production engineers.
- Provide detailed instructions for manufacture, inspection, and R&D testing within the New Product Development process.
- Maintain and apply Lean principles to the engineering environment.
- Provide technical support and product training to customers and sales engineers.
- Compile Operating and Maintenance Manuals for new and derivative products, assisting marketing and sales companies where appropriate.
- Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
- Engineering Degree (Electronic related) or equivalent qualification or experience.
- Expertise in PCB design incorporating Microcontroller, Analogue, and Instrumentation circuits.
- Expertise in Firmware development, coding product functionality and compatible devices.
- In depth understanding of electronic manufacturing methods, inspection, and handling.
- Sound understanding of technical risk mitigations, design validation and qualification methodology.
- Proficient in electronic engineering software, CAD and GERBER file generation.
- Professional and effective communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to manage their own time and deliverables effectively, reducing inefficiencies and delays and applying appropriate foresight, diligence, and planning.
- Ability to travel both nationally and internationally to attend professional training opportunities or provide technical support and product training to stakeholders.
- Ability to evaluate processes and action continuous improvements.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a positive can-do attitude and work calmly under pressure.
- Commitment to work to deadlines and determined to see a job through to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Experience in Fluid Power applications, instrumentation, measurement, and control devices.