Find your future role
|Job type||Temporary 12 Months+|
Quantity surveyor for a PFI facilities management Contract, based at the Royal Derby Hospital and King's Mill Hospital (Mansfield), working for the project and lifecycle team.
Key skills required for this role
Quantity Surveyor - Royal Derby Hospital
Duties & Accountabilities
- Support the resolution of contractual and commercial problems. Ensure that the obligations and responsibilities of the Contract are properly fulfilled to the timescales identified within the Agreements
- Working closely with Project Managers in the development and execution of Variations
- Ensure Project Managers adhere to contractual obligations
- Manage the delivery of all commercial aspects of a portfolio of projects from rough order of costings, scope & specification, prep of risk registers, procurement, pre-construction approvals, works delivery, change management, measurement, application, receipting and final accounting.
- Support the Commercial Manager in the preparation of monthly cost value reconciliations, management accounting and rolling Quarterly forecasts
- Tendering work with the support of the procurement team e.g. creating pricing documents
- Understand the various forms of procurement strategy
- Understand the significance/interfaces between Capital Works, maintenance and lifecycle activities
- Management of sub-contractor accounts including payment and raising / renewing contracts etc.
Key Performance Requirements
- The monthly commercial management of a portfolio of change and lifecycle projects incl. accurate reporting for monthly cost value reconciliation and change management.
- Degree or equivalent level qualification in Quantity Surveying or related construction subject is desirable
- Minimum 5 year's experience
- Relevant commercial experience within a contracting organisation, ideally in FM environment but not essential