Find your future role
Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
|Salary||£45,000 - £55,000/annum|
I am currently recruiting for a Senior Supplier Quality Engineer to work for a exciting aerospace company based in Norwich.
Key skills required for this role
Supplier Quality Engineer
Aerospace quality experience
Senior Supplier Quality Assurance Engineer
Main purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Head of Supply Chain, you will be involved in the supplier approval, monitoring and control activities. You will also be expected to flow down applicable requirements (company, regulatory, international standards, customer etc) and ensure and verify compliance. You will also lead supplier development activities to improve performance, lower cost and build a more robust supply chain.
In this role you will look after a combination of QE/QA activities and assist the Head of Supply Chain in the creation and management of the supplier audit plan. You will also be expected to lead FMEA activities, concerns resolution, root cause analysis and corrective action verification activities and provide supplier performance metrics to enable issuing of monthly supplier performance score cards.
You must be an excellent communicator and presenter, capable of liaising with and influencing all stakeholders including department and supplier representatives.
- The suitable candidate will have a strong quality background gained within medium to high volume manufacturing. Preference would be for the candidate to have prior experience in the aerospace or automotive sectors.
- Performing supplier audits/ surveillance to verify compliance to Part 21 Subpart G, AS9100, ISO 9001 and specific customer requirements.
- SQA activities working with engineering teams and at suppliers as part of the industrialisation process (NPI - APQP, PPAP, FAI).
- Series process and product approval including review of PPAP and AS9102 FAIRs (First Article Inspection Reports).
- Review and investigate deviation requests (concessions and production permits) from the suppliers and submit them to POA/ DOA for approval.
- Manage supplier rejects / returns/ audit non-conformances/ corrective action reports and verify root cause and associated corrective actions.
- Identify opportunities to utilise lean methodologies across suppliers. Manage the assessment and execution of initiatives and ensure improvements are effectively delivered.
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Provide coaching in disciplined problem solving and advice on technical issues.
- Provide leadership during investigations of major problems and or special projects focusing on developing working relationships with suppliers with regard to product development and procurement of parts
- Record/ provide supplier performance metrics to enable issuing of monthly supplier performance score cards.
- Support the work transfer activities
- Undertake supplier source and FAI inspections
- Proactive and reactive Supplier Development activities, impacting on supplier process yield, continuity of supply and product quality.
- Support business processes and personnel in continuous improvement activities
- Experience in project/time management and the ability to prioritize job duties and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Perform any other activities necessary to ensure the Quality department achieves its deliverables and objectives.
- Knowledge of aerospace AS9100/ ISO9001 requirements
- Able to read, understand and interpret engineering information and applicable requirements
- Strong quality and / or manufacturing background gained within medium to high volume manufacturing
- Able to use of the crucial Quality tools in order to continually increase the performance of manufacturing from a quality perspective (FMEA, RCA, SPC, Process capability studies / MSA, Gauge R&R etc.)
- Able to understand and lead on the implementation of lean methodologies, APQP and VAVE initiatives
- Attention to detail, ability to develop, document and audit processes and procedures. Good analytical skills
- Continuous Improvement and 5S Mindset
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels both internally and externally
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Be self-motivated, able to work under own initiative or as part of a team.
- Thrive in a challenging environment, be approachable and have a flexible attitude
- Experience and knowledge of EASA Part 21 G Production Organisation requirements
- Strong quality experience gained within medium within the aerospace or automotive sectors