Find your future role
Design Validation Engineer - Electronic
We are actively looking for an exceptional Electronic Design Validation Engineer to join our Engineering team, based in Cambridge.
Key skills required for this role
Electronic Design Validation
* Plan, prepare and execute Design Verification and Validation testing.
* Writing technical reports to document the test processes and procedures performed in accordance with the appropriate standards to support product approval and certification.
* Develop test methodologies and equipment to facilitate testing.
* Drive continuous improvement within the test process, support design review and assist in root cause analysis.
* Work with the development teams to reproduce hardware issues and debug technical issues.
* Design, commission and maintain laboratory and test equipment.
* Attend test houses to complete testing that cannot be conducted in-house. This may require you to travel.
* Support the Company's compliance with the Date Protection Act 2018, following policy and best practice.
* Consider the health and safety, environmental and energy impact of all activities.
* Undertake any other duties or activities reasonably requested in order to meet departmental or company goals.
* BSc/MSc or BEng/MEng level Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
* Experience with Environmental and Electrical testing processes.
* A good understanding of Electronics.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
* Excellent problem-solving skills and keen attention to detail.
* Experience of EMC and RF test plans and techniques.
* Interest in home electronics projects, rapid prototyping, process automation, etc.
* Some software skills in development of desktop applications, embedded systems, or similar