Find your future role
Senior / Principal Transport Planner - Cambridge
Senior / Priincipal Transprt planner needed for an award winning multi-discipline company at the forefront of the transport planning industry.
Key skills required for this role
Senior/Principal Transport Planner - Cambridge - Up to £50k
Our client is a leading Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy with a proven track record in Transport Planning and Development Infrastructure across the UK. Their Cambridge team is a large well-established group that operates with a wide range of local authority and private clients across the UK, helping them address the ever-changing requirements across the transport infrastructure sector.
The Cambridge team is growing, and this role provides a great opportunity to join a large and established Transport Planning team to support the delivery of a range of interesting and varied projects that will make a real difference to communities across the East of England and the south.
To be considered for this role they are seeking enthusiastic forward-thinking individuals with a true emphasis on sustainable solution driven engineering and a proven track record in Transport planning here in the UK.
Your new role will involve the following
- Taking a leading role in producing Transport Assessments, Transport Statements, Travel Plans for our private sector clients and/or contributing and preparing technical studies and transport strategies for our public sector local authority framework clients
- Liaising with clients, reviewing project briefs, tenders and task orders and preparing and contributing to high quality fee proposals
- Engaging with project team members including architects, engineers, planners, future mobility and environmental experts and other co-professionals
- Representing our client at meetings, workshops and forums including with local authorities, the general public, regulatory bodies and interest groups
- Managing multiple projects including resourcing, technical and financial control to ensure delivery to high technical standards, within budget and on programme
- Assisting the Team Leader and Directors in mentoring and supporting the professional and technical development of junior members of the team
Qualifications / Experience required
- Relevant related Engineering Degree/Chartered Engineer Status/working towards chartership/Significant Experience
- Exceptional transport planning technical skills and experience in areas of relevance and a firm understanding of sustainable solution driven Transport Planning.
- Experience in contributing to and preparing Transport Assessments and Travel Plans and providing design advice to developers and architects and/or transport studies, strategies, appraisals, Option Assessment Reports and Business Case development for local authorities;
- The ability to work at both strategic and detailed levels is highly desirable. Up to date knowledge on latest transport policies and legislations, Highways England and local authority design standards (DMRB, Manual for Streets, LTN 01/20) and planning processes applicable to the UK.
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and excellent working knowledge of MS Office tools, excel spreadsheets, transport data analysis and presentation and transportation software including TRICS and junction modelling programmes (ARCADY, PICADY and LinSig);
- An interest in future mobility and how technology will play an effect in shaping this.
- A sound understanding of transport policy and current issues in the UK and/or internationally.
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills.
Your new team and workload
With nearly 20 transport professionals operating from the Multi-Disciplinary Cambridge office they can offer a truly collaborative place for you to develop your career on an exciting range of work. Locally, throughout their frameworks with Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Hertfordshire transport authorities, they deliver a wide range transport policy, strategy and multi-modal transport infrastructure projects including new Mass-Rapid Transit systems and active travel corridor improvements. They also work for a wide range of private sector clients, providing transport planning support across a diverse range of schemes including new towns, urban extensions, retail, employment and leisure developments.
The Cambridge Transport Planning team also work collaboratively with their local office in Hertford and with our wider team members and co-professionals across to south and the UK. This includes the Future Mobility and Net Zero Carbon Teams, integrating their future ready expertise into all current projects. At any one time team members can be engaged on multiple public and private sector projects, providing a varied and interesting workload with opportunities to learn and develop your knowledge and experience, supporting your career and professional qualification aspirations.
Working conditions / environment
Operating a Hybrid set up across the whole company they recognise the importance of embracing a strong work life balance. With a focus on career development and progression they have a great work culture and this is demonstrated by the strong staff retention level demonstrated across the business.
How to Apply or for more Information
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
Call Chris Jones directly on 01489 873422
Email your CV