Find your future role
Senior Highway Asset Engineer (Team Leader)
|Location||Isle of Man|
Our client based on the Isle of Man has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Highway Asset Engineer (Team Leader) to help lead their busy team and help develop the Strategic Plan for the division.
Key skills required for this role
highway, asset, engineer, senior, local authority
Experience of Highway Asset Management Planning and the development of funding models.
You will be responsible for the Strategic Plan for Highway Services Division of the Department of Infrastructure, for the highway and structures strategic assets managed by the Division which have a value of over £2Bn. Implementation of the Strategic Plan, funding and budgeting will also be the responsibility of this post.
What does that involve?
- Develop and maintain a Strategic Delivery Plan for the highway network that recognises the importance of creating a good place to live and prepares for future technology and environmental changes.
- Develop a Highway Asset Management Plan and champion a program for the implementation of the Plan
- Develop a 10 year plan for Highways and Structures that delivers best value to the Isle of Man Tax payer
- Develop business cases and acquire funding to support the plan.
- Develop project briefs to accurately define the projects, and ensure that the outcomes are achievable and clearly defined.
- Promote the introduction of new systems and procedures where appropriate
- Train others in all aspects of the development of Highway Asset Management Plans.
- Engage with all levels throughout the organisation inclusive of our political members.
- Implement procedures for the management of the Highway and structures assets
- Act as a point of contact and a source of information for Highway related matters (legislation).
- Manage and monitor continual improvement by acting as the central focus for lessons learned exercises, suggestions and feedback
- Author and take ownership of key Management documentation
- Ensure that document control procedures are consistently applied.
- Contribute to the Integrated Management System
- Assist Graduates through the processes and requirements for completion of their Chartership
- Implement ISO55000
FULL JD AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST