Find your future role
Engineering Project Lead
I am currently recruiting for a Engineering Project Lead to work for an exciting aircraft interiors company based in Cwmbran.
Key skills required for this role
Experience leading engineering projects
We offer lasting career opportunities and have adopted a hybrid working model throughout the business. With an early finish on Friday, we recognise how important it is to maintain a healthy work / life balance. We are proud of the high profile customers we partner with and the portfolio of exciting projects we consistently work on, delivering nothing less than outstanding results. This is through the investment in not only the technology that we use, but our people and the world class training and development we provide.
An Engineering Project Lead is a senior and key role. It requires an excellent project manager and a real problem solver - a go-to natural leader in the team. A strong communicator with the ability to converse at all levels is essential to succeed.
Managing across a functional matrix structure within the Technical Domain of the business, your responsibility is focused on effective planning and execution of engineering projects to meet or exceed the agreed performance metrics. You will be the Technical focal point for the project under your responsibility, across the entire business and also Customer and Airframer facing.
* Supporting the IPT in identifying project risk, mitigation actions and contingency plans
* Supporting the development of project plans, schedules and budgets
* Tracking progress of project tasks across multi-functional engineering teams
* Resolving schedule conflict and developing technical solutions with inputs from the Technical Functional teams, ensuring high levels of quality deliverables
* Providing a clear project status both internally and to the customer
* Tracking performance against budget for NRC and RC
* Ensuring effective management of large work packages across the group business units or with partners
* Liaising with the customer to present technical solutions and their impact on programme schedule
* Collating inputs to generate and maintain customer product specifications, creating and maintaining coherent work breakdown structures
* Managing technical requirements relevant to your project scope, through a systems engineering approach, tracking technical changes
* Participating in Design Reviews throughout each phase of the New Product Introduction process
* HNC/HND within a related Engineering discipline is essential
* Engineering Degree within an Aerospace related discipline desirable
* Previous experience managing multi-functional teams including within a remote working setting
* A good understanding of the certification framework within which the work is undertaken, preferably with some knowledge of Aircraft Interiors
* An awareness of configuration management principles and change management processes
* Experienced in preparation of business cases or bids for new programmes including Technical specification preparation desirable
* An understanding of financial management within a new product development environment, dealing with different categories of costs that are both internal and external to the business
* Product development and associated processes
* Systems Engineering (Requirements Engineering, MBSE, Functional design)
* Mechanical, electrical and systems design