Find your future role
Machine Learning (NLP or Computer Vision) Manager
|Location||Marbella, , España|
Networkers Technology is part of the Gattaca group, founded in 1984 and listed on the London Stock Exchange. We are leaders in recruitment of Information Technology and Digital profiles
Key skills required for this role
Machine Learning, NLP, Computer Vision, Manager, TechLead
Machine Learning Manager
Networkers seeks to fill a position of Machine Learning Manager for an important Spanish multinational company based in Marbella (Malaga, welcome to paradise :-) ) and with excellent economic conditions, social benefits and career plan.
We are looking for an experienced technologist with a background in Machine Learning and Engineering Management to lead our efforts in developing and implementing an information retrieval system leveraging state-of-the-art text embeddings, machine learned ranking models and algorithms for our cloud-based search system.
As a Machine Learning Manager, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of machine learning and information engineers to tackle complex information retrieval problems.
You will also work closely with our product and engineering teams to develop and implement scalable solutions that drive business impact.
The successful candidate will need to be able to articulate and defend their ideas and strategies to various stakeholders, including executives, product managers, and data analysts. The ability to navigate competing priorities and communicate effectively with stakeholders is crucial in this role
- Build, coach and manage a team of machine learning and search engineers with a product mindset, working with the highest quality and delivery standards.
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to identify and prioritize opportunities to leverage machine learning and information retrieval techniques to create value for our users.
- Conduct research and stay up-to-date with the latest advances in machine learning with practical applications on information retrieval.
- Define the strategy to integrate Machine Learning and Large Language Models into Search Systems to enhance user experience
- Build and improve processes for collecting, pre processing, and labeling data
- Monitor and optimize model performance to ensure high accuracy and efficiency.
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or related field
- 5+ years of experience in machine learning with a proven track record managing teams, acquiring talent, mitigating threats and capitalizing on opportunities.
- Strong understanding of natural language processing (NLP) and text analytics or computer vision
- Strong understanding of MLOps and experience with deploying and monitoring machine learning models in production.
- Proficient in programming languages such as Python, Java or C++ and experience with relevant machine learning frameworks (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, etc.)
Nice to Have
- Experience with cloud-based semantic search systems
- Knowledge of Vespa and ONNX
- Experience with building recommendation systems and search engines
- Experience with AWS Machine Learning services for building MLOps pipelines.
- Contributions to the machine learning and data science communities (e.g. published papers, open-source projects, etc.)
- Excellent wage conditions and benefits.
- You will work with the latest technologies.
- Our Headquarters is located in Marbella. Hybrid modality (2 days of teleworking per week)
- A courtesy corporate shuttle bus from Malaga, Fuengirola, La Riviera, and Estepona is available for all employees.
- You will have ownership of projects working in a collaborative environment where your contributions will immediately add value to your product suite.
- You will work in an agile environment able to react quickly to changes with a fairly flat hierarchy.
- As we encourage continuous learning, we will support your ongoing training.
- Diversity is in our DNA! You will work in an international environment (over 29 nationalities and 24 languages spoken!)
- 1 Lab Day per sprint: On Lab Day, you can explore whatever is interesting to you! Whether you want to try something new or experiment with our data, this is the perfect day for it. Take advantage of this opportunity to get creative!
- You will receive continuous support and training on the latest ML technologies (i.e. MLOPs, Search and ranking, recommendations, and many others)
- The team dedicates an hour each week to a Takumi session, where the objective is to gain knowledge from your peers. Through this session, you will get consistent exposure to a variety of new topics. Recent examples include graph neural networks and how to utilize pre-trained models to create training samples.