Find your future role
|Job type||Contract 5 Months|
Local Authority client seeking an interim Asset Manager, initially until end of September pending further extension. For more information, please call Adam @ Matchtech on 01489 898881.
Key skills required for this role
Asset Manager, MRICS, Chartered Surveyor
Chartered Surveyor, LA Experience
- Our client is looking for an Asset Manager to join a busy team on a contract basis starting soon.
- This role is Inside IR35
- To act on commissioning and contract management of the Estates Management function in liaison with other members of the Strategic Asset Management (SAM) team, ensuring continuous improvement in service provider performance, budget activity is monitored and performance is understood, acted upon where required and reported.
- To commission and monitor internal and external solicitors, consultants/surveyors, and other professional advisors. This will include agreeing performance-related fees as part of the commissioning process.
- The post holder will negotiate and agree terms for legal property agreements on a range of potentially complex cases.
- To manage the Council's property estate function to ensure best value in accordance with the Council's corporate objectives, to ensure compliance with agreement terms, statutory and contractual timetables, asset management plan policies and accounting requirements.
- Provide professional estates advice to Council and Cabinet members, senior management, and officers of the Council, and to the public where required. Provide a professional estates management focal point for external bodies.
- Act in a position of oversight through our commissioned service providers to ensure tenancy agreements are in place prior to occupation; that tenants are complying with their obligations and all rental payments are received.
- The post holder will be expected to undertake property options appraisals, prepare and review development appraisals, negotiate lease renewals, rent reviews, assignments, licenses for alterations, applications for wayleaves and easements all to achieve best value for the management of the estate.
Working conditions / environment:
- Hybrid/flexible working
- Site visits if and when required
- Communicating feedback to the general public.
- Ability to fulfil the travel requirements of the role.
- Laptop will be provided.
- The rate is dependent on candidate experience
- Weekly pay
How to Apply or for more Information:
3 simple ways to apply or get in touch:
- Apply directly online via the Matchtech website
- Call Adam Good directly on 01489898881
- Email your CV
Matchtech are the largest and leading Technical Public Sector Recruitment Company in the UK.
If you have the correct experience for this type of position but this specific role is not quite right for you, as the level, location or rates etc. is it not quite what you are looking for a present, please still feel free to get in touch with me as I continually recruit similar roles to the one above at all levels across the UK.
Alternatively, if are not suitable for this role but still work within the Property industry and believe you will be looking for a new role in the future please give me a call for a confidential chat regarding your employment status.
To apply for these roles, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.