Find your future role
Staff Instrument & Controls Engineer
|Location||Kansas City, Missouri|
Our client in their Kansas City, MO office within their Oil, Gas & Chemical Global Practice, working on minor and major scale EPC projects and serving mid-stream, refining, chemical, and renewable industries.
Key skills required for this role
Instrumentation Controls Engineering
3 years of I&C Engineering Experience, Preferably in the Oil, Gas or Chemical Sector
- As an I&C engineer, work with a team of I&C engineers and designers, and other disciplines, to perform detail engineering, including front-end planning work, develop I&C quantities and cost estimation, conduct conceptual studies, perform technical quality reviews, attend Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT), and support construction & commissioning activities . Work under a direct supervision of an I&C lead or work independently on smaller projects or standalone activities.
- Knowledge of instrumentation and control systems (PLC/DCS) is required.
- Prepare instruments and control system specifications, instrument inquiry/bid packages, technical bid summaries, and purchase recommendations.
- Conduct review of instrument and control systems vendor drawings and data. Interface with suppliers, clients, other engineering disciplines, and detailers/designers.
- Participate in the development of P&ID's and equipment/construction subcontract package specifications.
- Develop instrument index, I/O list, cause & effect and logic diagrams, and control narratives.
- Work with other I&C team and other disciplines to produce I&C engineering and design deliverables.
- Work with clients and vendors for information required to complete engineering design deliverables on schedule and building long working relationship.
- Interface and support construction personnel directly from the office and support construction and pre-commissioning activities in the field, as required.
- Work with SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) and other smart tools to produce engineering and design deliverables.
- Able to support construction and startup & commission activities in the field, as required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering from accredited program required.
- Engineer-In-Training (EIT) Certification recommended.
- 3 years related experience. Completion of master's degree in related field may be substituted for one year of experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly communicate both verbal and written technical information.
- Must be proficient in the use of computer software (i.e., MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Valid driver's license required. In addition, must meet standards to qualify for and maintain the Company's vehicle driving privileges as outlined in the Company's Motor Vehicle Safety Policy.
- Must be willing and able to obtain, or currently hold a valid Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).