Find your future role
Senior Air Quality Consultant (London/Bristol)
I am looking for a Consultant / Senior Air Quality Consultant to work for a Consultancy where you can be based out of Bristol or London on a hybrid basis.
Key skills required for this role
Air Quality, Environment, Engineering,
Experience of working for a consultancy is essential
This consultancy is going through high growth plans and it is an exciting time to join the business.
You will be joining an existing team, working for all scales and types of development. They undertake detailed studies in support of Major Infrastructure projects (such as Highways) and Environmental Permit applications in the power, water, industry, minerals and waste sectors.
Key responsibilities / Duties will include (dependent on level):
- Dispersion modelling of road traffic and industrial pollution sources.
- Writing air quality reports to accompany planning applications and input to Environment Impact Assessments
- Initial site appraisals and consultation
- Application of GIS for effective and accurate model input and communication of results
- Input to proposals for air quality projects
Capabilities and Qualifications:
The successful candidate will have a BEng, BSc or MSc in a relevant subject, or the equivalent level qualification.
In addition, the candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Experience in dispersion modelling (ADMS Roads and AERMOD or ADMS5)
- Be proficient with the application of GIS packages within an air quality environment and digitalisation of the input and outputs of modelling packages
- Experience of working for a consultancy is essential
- An understanding of the LAQM and UK planning and regulatory system in relation to air quality and wider environmental aspects
- Experience in managing client relationships and work winning capability would be an advantage for more senior candidates
- Good communication, data analysis and report writing skills
- Membership of the IAQM
Salary is circa 35-45k + more for the right candidate.