Find your future role
IT Infrastructure Engineer
IT Infrastructure Engineer Opportunity in Birmingham. Permanent - Flexible working
Key skills required for this role
IT Infrastructure Engineer (Permanent)
Role: IT Infrastructure Engineer (Permanent)
Location: Birmingham - Flexible working
What you will deliver (responsibilities):
IT Infrastructure. You will contribute to continued improvement and efficiency and be responsible for ensuring the systems are robust and kept updated through a proactive programme of maintenance and being aware of new and emerging technologies. You will have a strong focus on cloud principles and security.
Technical Specialist. You will provide a strong focus on solutions with cloud first and security considerations being prioritised
Ensure best practice. You will be aware of emerging technologies and solutions and be proactive in advising the IT Infrastructure Manager and colleagues of the potential benefits of technology developments
Maintain operational documentation. You will write and maintain IT documentation, ensuring that it is relevant and kept up to date for various audiences.
Embrace Agile ways of working. You will be able to work in a fast paced, evolving environment and adopt a flexible approach to enable smooth delivery of IT solutions.
Support. You will work closely with the IT Infrastructure Manager to deliver IT services to agreed outcomes and deadlines.
Problem Solving. You will ensure actions are taken to investigate, resolve and anticipate problems. Escalate risks in line with the agreed policies and procedures to the IT Infrastructure Manager as appropriate to help implement solutions and identify preventative measures
Key knowledge, skills and experience:
- Demonstrable in-depth knowledge and experience of:
- Microsoft Azure stack IaaS and PaaS workloads including Azure AD, Microsoft Intune
- Microsoft 365 platform including SharePoint Online (incl. OneDrive), Exchange Online, Teams, Security and Compliance
- Identity Management (AD, AAD, ADFS, SAML)
- Windows 10, Windows Server and Hyper-V architecture including security, resilience and performance considerations
- Microsoft Active Directory including DNS, ADCS and Group Policy
- Microsoft deployment and management technologies including System Center Endpoint Manager and Operations Manager, image design and deployment
- Mobile device management, security and compliance
- Scripting, including PowerShell for AD and Azure
- IT hardware and software solutions
- TCP/IP networking
Should you be interested, please forward your updated CV for further discussion.